It's Friday! Happy HHH!!!

Hiya! I'm back with my Unity Hip Hop Challenge creations for this week!!! I had so much fun stamping these yesterday after a busy week of anything but stamping it seems. My first card was for the Crinkle It! challenge. We were asked to take our paper, crinkle it up and then add ink to highlight the high areas. I was inspired by the colors of these beautiful roses my husband brought home for me on Wednesday for our anniversary. I knew I wanted to create one of those handcut paper flowers that are so popular right now! I cut circles from PTI Summer Sunrise cs using my Nestabilities, crinkled them and added some Melon Berry and Pure Poppy ink. I added a few black vintage brads to the center to hold all the layers together. I thought this image from the CONFESSION: i {luv} unity kit would be a perfect match, along with this sentiment from the same kit. The circles were colored using Copic Markers and then cut out and popped up on dimensionals. This will be a thank you card for my sweet hubby. He is also taking me out to dinner and a movie tonight to celebrate . . .

My next card was
made for the Fab 5 challenge, in which we were asked to make a card using five embellishments - no more, no less. My card also fits the SCS Sketch Challenge for this week. I adore this image from the June KOTM and had it on my desk after stamping a few for a dear friend of mine last week. I stamped the image and sentiment onto Very Vanilla cs and colored it in using Copic markers to match this adorable Cosmo Cricket patterned paper. The main image was cut out using my rectangle Nestabilities and is popped up on dimensionals. I added the 2 ribbon treatments to mirror the ties on the clothesline and 3 buttons on the lower right for balance. And, eek! I am so happy that this card was chosen as the winner for this challenge!!! It is my very first Hip Hop win!!!!! I have been working on a few other things but can never seem to get the time to post them. Hopefully that will happen sometime this week so be sure to check back soon . . . *wink*

17 comments:

BonnieRose said...

love them both.. u did fantastic!

Karen said...

great cards...congrats on your win too!

Tenia Nelson said...

Great projects!! tfs!!

Maureen said...

Beautiful cards - congrats on winning the cahllenge

Martha said...

beautiful!

Purple Princess said...

Fabulous cards!!

Diane (djuseless) said...

Great cards!

Suz said...

such pretty cards. congrats on winning the challenge

Linda said...

Hello friend,,,

Those card are so beautiful!

Monika in VA said...

That flower is amazing!

Jen said...

I luv the way your flower turned out and it get perfect with your real flowers! Congrats on your challenge win...isn't it fun!

ANAT S said...

Awesome cards!!! Love them!

silvia said...

Gorgeous cards!! Happy Anniversary!! Your roses are beautifuk!!

Samantha said...

congrats on your winning card, I liked it too! hope you get something fun!

Ari Vega-Macias said...

very, very COOL! congrats!!!

Kelly Landers said...

Both of these cards are just divine!!

FibreJunky said...

Oooh!!! I really love your hanging out card!