Butterfly Dreams and it's Raining Flowers . . .

It's Friday! Happy Hip Hop Hangover!!! I'm here to share my cards from yesterday's Hip Hop Challenges with you. The first challenge was to create a project with a black and white background. I have had this gorgeous Everlasting Romance background for awhile but it has never seen ink. I paired it with this Butterfly Beauty which I embossed in black on SU! Pumpkin Pie. The sentiment comes from the Birdie Inspiration kit and is matted using my SU! large and scallop oval punches. Both the butterfly and the sentiment panel are popped up on dimensionals. I added some orange rhinestone bling to the background and some black gingham ribbon as my embellishments. My daughter is already eyeing it since orange is her favorite color!

My next card was for the no squares challenge. I decided to make a scalloped circle card using my Nestabilities. I used PTI Vintage Cream cs as my base and patterned paper from the Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday collection for my background. The umbrella and sentiment are from the Rain & Flowers kit. The umbrella image was stamped onto some Cosmo Criket patterned paper, cut out, and popped us on dimensionals. I had these Rain Dots which I have never used before that I thought would be perfect for this card so I added some as my embellishments. This turned out simple and sweet, just the way I like it!!! Hope you enjoyed my projects this week! Happy hopping . . . *wink*

15 comments:

Katy said...

Oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE your scallop card! that umbrella is precious!!

Ari Vega-Macias said...

So very cool!!!!!

Becky Carafa said...

Oh my, that butterfly is STUNNING! I love the orange with the black/white. And that umbrella card is adorable!

Rhiannon said...

SO cute! Love what you did with the umbrella image...I was looking at that kit yesterday...you may have inspired me to ink it up today! Thanks so much for sharing :)

Diane (djuseless) said...

I really love the butterfly card!

Martha said...

beautiful!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards!!! tfs!!

silvia said...

Very pretty cards

Jen said...

Wow, both cards are fabulous! I realy luv that first card with the Everlasting Romance stamp...I just received that stamp too! TFS!

Purple Princess said...

Love the scallop card!!

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

Wow! Your cards are so cute! I especially love the one with the orange butterfly.

Lisa H. said...

wow! I love that black and white card. It's perfect with that pop of pumpkin!

Suz said...

Beautiful cards. You rocked the challenges

Marcee said...

Gorgeous!!

Lori said...

Beautiful cards! The rain drops are just the right touch!