The Morning After . . .

Hiya! Yesterday was Hip Hop day at Unity Stamp Co and they issues a couple of fabu challenges. I actually had a chance to participate so I am sharing my creations here today. Both of my projects feature stamps from the June KOTM. The first challenge was to use the colors Pink and Green on your project. I pulled out this patterned paper from PTI and decided it would go nicely with the tea pot image. I stamped the image in PTI Berry Sorbet ink and colored it in using Copic markers. I wanted to put a little twist on my card so I made it into a teabag booklet. The button holds everything closed and inside there is a little pocket holding a teabag - too cute!

The next challenge was to create a project with a holiday theme in honor of yesterday's new release stamp set. I love, love, love this pear tree image and matching sentiment so I just had to use it here!!! I used Copic markers again to color in the image on PTI Vintage Cream cs. To add more of an aged look I dabbed my Chamomile tea dye ink pad all over the image panel and some PTI patterned paper. I then created a mat for my image using PTI Pure Poppy cs and my Fiskars Apron Lace border punch. I cut the patterned paper into strips and adhered it to the PTI Spring Moss card base. I hope you like the projects I had to share with you today! Enjoy the rest of your HHH Hop!!!

10 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards and projects, lady!!! Well done!!! tfs!!

FibreJunky said...

Those are both very pretty! I really like the teabag card.

Morissa Sweeney (SCS - stampinsweeney) said...

Love the frame around the pear tree. Great colors!

Martha said...

just amazing!

BonnieRose said...

gorgeous.. i love them both!

Lisa H. said...

oooo, glad you joined it, these are terrific! I always post my hip hop challenge cards on my HHH post, a lot of people don't check the gallery for them on SCS! tfs!

Linda said...

hello there...

These teapot card scream at me today! Lol too cute.. great layout.... hotwheels

Purple Princess said...

Wondeful cards!

Dawn K. said...

cute, cute cute!

Bluemoon said...

oh you are so clever! Great cards. I wanna make a tea holder card like that! Did you do a 3x3 for this project? tfs