Artisan Award pages . . .

So apparently we are allowed to post our non-winning Artisan Award entries now. I decided to enter the contest at the last minute, with no real hopes of winning but as a challenge to myself. I will admit to being a little disappointed at not getting that infamous call but there were many other talented stampers who also didn't win so I decided to forgo the pity party and just be happy with the projects I made. I thought I'd start with sharing the scrapbook pages I submitted. The first is a 12 x 12 page featuring my daughter's school picture from Kindergarten last year. I used patterned paper from the Hand Drawn hostess bundle and Baja Breeze Patterns collection. Colors are Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze and Whisper White. Stamps are from Define Your Life and Defining Alpha. I also used the spiral punch, chipboard brackets and clips assortment as accents and handwritten journaling.

For my next page I used an 11 x 8 1/2 orientation. These pictures of my daughter were taken at a playground set up during the Flower and Garden Festival in Epcot at Walt Disney World a few years ago. Stamps used are from the Trendy Trees set. Colors are Rose Red, Always Artichoke, Kiwi Kiss and Chocolate Chip. I also incorporated some chipboard letters, machine stitching, and computer journaling.

My third page is 8 1/2 x 8 1/2. This photo of my daughter was taken when she was about two weeks old. I used patterned paper from the Sweet Slumber specialty ds collection. Colors are So Saffron, Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red and Whisper White. I stamped a sentiment from the Sweet Little Sentiments hostess set and embossed it in white. As accents I used buttons from the Button Bouquet and Button Latte collections and computer journaling. I loved this page so much that I attempted a similar version for a Unity Stamp company challenge a few months back. I will peek in soon to share with you the cards and 3D projects I entered in the Artisan Award contest soon. Thanks for stopping by . . . *wink*

1 comments:

Lisa H. said...

give your self a big pat on the back just for submitting! I've been such a chicken to try. These pages are just darling! I LOVE the playground page, it is really cute.