Hoppin' in Unity . . .

It's finally here! The Unity Stamp Co. Kit of the Month Blog Hop is this weekend!!! First things first: to view the blog hop it in its entirety you need to start your journey at the beginning. Please hop on over to the Unity Stamp Co. blog for the details from Angela and dive right in! If you have just hopped over from Danielle's blog, welcome - you are in the right place!!!


I have two projects to show you today in CAS fashion. The first is a card I made which was inspired by the Kit of the Month Blog Hop logo. See the blinkie on the right? It's adorable isn't it??? It just *had* to be made into a card! The girls holding hands and the flourish stamps are both from the April Kit of the Month, Fresh Beginnings. I used my Copic markers on the girls dresses to imitate the colors in the logo. Then I cut them out like paper dolls and popped them up on dimensionals. It still needed something so I decided to add this sentiment from the brand new Unity Anniversary Scrapbooking Kit, CONFESSION: i {luv} unity. What do you think? I say cute, cute, cute!!!

For my next project I altered a magazine file that I have been

using to store all of my Unity Stamp Co. Kit of the Month Club kits. I decided that my storage needed to be as cute as stamps in it! These clear cases are *very* similar to Unity's new Snap-Lock Storage Cases - love 'em!!! I will tell you that I have been able to fit 2 large (full 8.5" x 11" sheet) kits in each case and that about 6 filled cases will fit in a magazine file. I wanted to use Unity colors for my file and since the inside was already aqua I decided to leave it and decorate the outside using chocolate and kraft. The front label uses a PTI alphabet set, but Unity's Just My Type would have been *perfect* for this! Guess I need to add that one to my ever growing wish list, huh? For the sides I traced and cut out the panels and randomly stamped images from EACH of the Kit of the Month's I own. They are: July {... it's the little things}, August {Remember Happiness},September {Friendship.Love.Miracles}, November {enjoy YOUR STORY ... laugh}, December {Little Reminders}, February {Endings & Beginnings}, and April {Fresh Beginnings}. You can click on the photo for a larger view. I gotta say, I *love* every single one of these kits so much!!! This weekend would be a perfect time to join the Kit Club because not only is the May Kit of the Month {... another sweet day} *adorable* BUT Angela is also offering you a choice of a past kit at the awesome Kit Club member price of $24. I'm telling you, these kits are huge and did you know there is NO COMMITTMENT??? AND, *pssst* all of the other past kits are $10 off this weekend too!!! Not to mention a few other amazing deals such as $5 kits (with purchase) and some special 6 for $60 kits!!!!! I feel a shopping spree coming on!

Ok, I have the pleasure of sending you to the next stop on your journey, which just happens to be to see a super sweet and amazing talented friend of mine. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us! Happy Blog Hoppin' . . . *wink*


************ LORI CRAIG *************

46 comments:

Jessica said...

what a sweet card! I just love it! great storage idea for your unity stamps, too! awesome!

Katy said...

that card is so cute and perfect for the blog hop! I love your magazine file for storing the stamps too. Super cute!

Jacqueline said...

These are super great!!! Love the card!! How cool!

whoistracy said...

Love 'em!! That card is adorable! And I love how you covered the mag file. So cute.

Kristen said...

wow I love the card! :)

Pamela said...

Love that card! And great storage too!

Maynes-Watt-Hayes Family said...

what a super cute card!! and cute storage too!

Tiff said...

LORI!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your card and holder!

Robynccgirl said...

Great job! Love that storage box!

Tammy said...

These are great! Love them both :)

Ang & Ryan said...

Love the card and that storage system is just too cute! Fab job.

Laura L said...

Cute card - I love how you highlighted portions of the wording! And very cute idea for your magazine holder. You have to get creative when you get so many stamps!

BonnieRose said...

wow wow wow.. I need to do something wtih all the Unity I am collecting too.. thanks for the inspiration.. where did u find ur clear cases? care to share.. ??

bonnierose in fargo

Margie said...

What an awesome idea! Love the altered mag holder!!!
Adorable card :*)

BloomingPink said...

Great card!

Loved the bling and decor you added to your storage.

Randi said...

Really cute! I LOVE your kit holder!! Great idea!

Sara said...

What a great idea! I love it love it love it!!!

I'm going to have to scraplift your idea and show ya when i'm done :) This may be my Sunday post for the Hop so stay tuned :)

Happy hoppin!!

xoxo
Sara

Dee said...

What a great idea for your card it looks EXACT to the binkie :) Love the Magazine holder...wonderful idea!!!

JazzyH said...

Great projects.

sunghee said...

What a neat idea! I love it!

FibreJunky said...

You're right!! The blinkie makes a perfect card!! It's darling!!!

Judy Rozema said...

FANTASTIC!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

That card is amazing! Great job! :)

scrappypug said...

awesome and love the storage iidea too!

Jana said...

Great card. Love your altered/decorated stamp storage.

Cherie said...

Ok...lovin' the storage idea.

Purple Princess said...

Love, love, love your card! Great magazine holder too!

Lauri said...

Beautiful! and I love your storage!

Morissa Sweeney (SCS - stampinsweeney) said...

Love how you altered your storage.

Lisa F said...

Great card! LOVE your magazine holder -GREAT idea! It turned out beautiful!

Ashley said...

How cute is your card?!? I love it! and the storage is awesome too!

Joann said...

great projects!

Ade said...

Fab projects! You just gave me a great idea with that magazine file - thanks!

stampmonkey said...

I LOVE your blinkie-inspired girlfriends card, and your magazine file for your stamp storage is very cute too!

Angie's Scrappin Spot said...

Very cool!

Gretchen said...

So cute! Great job!

Toni K said...

Love your card! You wer right. It did have to be made into a card! Your storage is awesome too!

Gretchen said...

Cute, cute, cute!! Love both of your projects!

Suz said...

your card is adorable & wow I love the storage!

Erika M. said...

Love your card and storage idea!

BishopsMommie said...

smart idea... I want to join so bad.. I will as soon as I am able.. thanks for your ideas!!

Karen said...

Gorgeous projects!!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh look at you!!! An adorable card and what a FABULOUS idea and gorgeous altered file!!

Jen said...

I love how you cased the card from the blinkie...and that magazine file is so so so cool! Your creative mojo is awesome!

ANAT S said...

great project

Carla said...

This card and the storage box are both wonderful! They really show off the Unity look!! Great job!