Catching up . . .

Here I am with my last two submissions for Unity Stamp Company's anniversary challenges. Jeanne asked us to make a one layer birthday card in honor of Unity turning 1. I decided to make it a birthday card for my daughter who will be turning 7 next month. I had to use Orange, her favorite color, and decided to pair it with some pinks and browns as well. I stamped the cupcakes image from the December KOTM onto Kraft cs and colored them using Copic markers and a white gel pen. Next I stamped the 12 Months of Goodness journal box in Palette Burnt Umber ink onto my 4 1/4" square card base. Then I added the cupcakes which are popped up using dimensionals. The "7" and "birthday" sentiments are from the Our Life, Our Stories kit and the "th" is handwritten in marker. I also used a marker to circle the month of June on the journal box image. As a finishing touch I tied some pink taffeta and orange grosgrain ribbon (both SU!) at the top.

For the next card Jimmi challenged us to use the first Unity Stamps we ever received. I had a hard time remembering which kit was my first, but I'm pretty sure Growing in Unity was one of them so that's what I chose to work with for this card. I found this Chatterbox patterned paper and the colors and dots reminded me of the Unity logo. I stamped the dream tree image in PTI Dark Chocolate ink on SU! Baja Breeze cs, which I pierced and distressed. I added a Kraft cs mat and popped it up on dimensionals on the card base. The sentiment is stamped on SU! Whisper White textured cs and punched using my 1 3/8" circle punch. I also added some rhinestone bling accents on the senitment and the tree. This card also fits Amber's My Unity Place sketch for this week. While I am on the subject of Unity, I will be participating in the Kit of the Month Blog Hop next weekend, May 15-17. Make sure you check back then to see all the goodies the Kit Club members have to share . . . *wink*