Unity FIRST Anniversary . . .

Yesterday was day two of Unity's Anniversary celebration. Unfortunately I have a sick kiddo so I wasn't able to play until after our visit to the doctor this afternoon. Christi challenged us to create a project using the following components: F for flower, I for Insect, R for ribbon, S for scallops, and T for turquoise or teal. I knew I wanted to use this flower image from the Rain & Flowers kit and Cosmo Cricket patterned paper from the Girl Friday collection. I stamped the flower in Memento black ink onto PTI Stampers Select white cs and colored it in using coordinating Copic markers. It was cut out and embossed using my rectangle Nestabilities and I added a scalloped mat cut from SU! Tangerine Tango cs. Behind the main image is a strip of the patterned paper and Soft Sky cs (retired SU!). The sentiment is from the September Kit of the Month and is stamped in Blue Bayou ink (retired SU!), which is also the color of the double stitched ribbon. The card base is Sweet Blush from PTI and the butterfly flowers from the April Kit of the Month are stamped along the side in the same color ink. I added some scalloped trim punched with my SU! scallop edge punch and a button, both in SU! Rose Red, as a finishing touch. Oh, I almost forgot - the layout for this card comes from this week's sketch challenge over at My Unity Place, hosted by Amber. Are you a member yet? Let's be friends . . . *wink*

1 comments:

Toni said...

i love this card! love the colors and all the paper! oh and i see it is even the "card of the day" on unity place! Congrats girlfriend!!