Scrappin' again . . .

*gasp* I know, it really doesn't seem possible but I did it! I scrapped, again!!! This is the first full-sized scrapbook page I have made in about 6 years - crazy, huh? Last month Papertrey Ink had a scrapbook page category for their Guest Star Stamper contest so I thought I'd give it a shot. I printed this photo of my daughter from my computer on a semi-gloss paper in sepia tones. This was taken a few years back at the EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival at Walt Disney World. While we were visiting the butterfly tent one of them decided to land on my DD's finger and visit for awhile. She was overjoyed and what a perfect memory that is to preserve! To add some interest I randomly stitched around the photo twice using my Janome Sew Mini. Colors are PTI Kraft, Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate, New Leaf and Melon Berry. The flowers are from the Friends 'Til the End stamp set. Embellishments are also PTI buttons and luxe satin ribbon (reversed). I wanted the "journaling" to be simple so I opted to use this sentiment from the Handwritten Notes stamp set. I love that it looks handwritten but also has the elegance of being stamped. I also added a few accents made with my Martha Stewart butterfly punch. This was so fun to do and I think it turned out well too! I am looking forward to creating some more pages soon!!!

*I saw the Jennifer Buck is starting a Clean and Simple Scrapbook Challenge on Sundays. Mental note to give it a try this week . . .

*** ETA - I just saw that Nichole listed the Honorable Mentions for this month and guess what??? I am one of them! Congrats to all who were mentioned, and especially the winners!!!

3 comments:

Mary said...

This page is great!! Love the white flowers- and what a sweet picture!

Michelle said...

That IS an awesome page! I love it! I can see why you were chosen as an honorable mention too! Great job!

Michelle said...

This is a beautiful page! You really should scrapbook more often. You have a talent for it. Your daughter is beautiful and that is a GREAT picture of her! Very nice and congrats on the honorable mention!