I scrapped!!!

This truly is an exceptional occasion! I am NOT a scrapbooker. Sure, I'd like to preserve all those wonderful memories, but I just don't have the patience. Well, I have been wanting to play around with my goodies from Unity Stamp Company for some time now. They are just perfect for scrapbooking! So last weekend I decided to take the plunge!!! I made this mini album using my Sizzix Top Note die from SU!, some Chloe's Closet papers by Making Memories, various Unity Stamp Company stamps, and of course some pictures. For the cover I used a piece of acrylic (which looks nice but I had some issues with die cutting it) and a jumbo eyelet. The title is from the Our Life, Our Stories in WORDS set. The felt flowers and brad are from SU! For the pictures I chose to use copies of my daughter's first five birthday pictures. I scanned them into my computer and printed them out in miniature with a sepia accent. Then I used my SU! Curvy Label punch to trim and shape them. On the first page I used images from the Floral Fantastical set and the sentiment is from the Growing in Unity set. The bitty flower is from Prima and the brad is SU! For the second page I used images from the November Kit of the Month, "enjoy YOUR STORY . . . laugh". I accented the page with a clear button from Autumn Leaves, linen thread, and a border created with my Fiskars Upper Crest punch. On the third page I used images from the November and August Kits of the Month, as well as This is the Time LARGE. I added a SU! blue button with some linen thread tied through it as an accent. For the fourth page I used images from the September Kit of the Month, Friendship. Love. Miracles. and (I *think*) the December KOTM as well. I also added some tiny chipboard hearts from SU! and punched a piece of patterned paper with my SU! heart punch. On the fifth page I used images from the September and December (I *think*) Kits as well. I added a Prima flower and a SU! felt flower and brad as an accent. Everything is tied together with some SU! chocolate grosgrain ribbon. It amazes me how much my daughter has grown over the years. She is turning into quite the little lady. I hope you like my mini album! I had so much fun making it that I am thinking of starting a big album!!! *gasp*

6 comments:

Lori Craig said...

I ***LOVE*** this! I love your scrappiness, the Unity stamps, the patterned papers... This is WONDERFUL! I might have to try something similar soon!

Toni said...

OMG this is super cute! Is my cutesy style wearing off on you? Ha! the album was worth your hard work! super cute!!!!

Karen said...

You did an excellant job! Very cute. Glad to see you inking again

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is totally fabulous! WOW! If you're not a scrapper...then who is? Gorgeous layouts, papers and stunning execution! Love this!

texasjodylynn said...

Super cute!

Anjou Krelovich said...

This is adorable! What a great way to get scrapping!