Clean and Simple . . .

Earlier in the week I mentioned THIS scrapbook challenge hosted by Jennifer Buck. I was determined to get a page done this week for the challenge. It is just *so* my style!!! This is a photo of my daughter at about 1 year old. We took a little walk and along the way Daddy picked a flower for his little girl. Isn't this just the sweetest thing??? I am making an 11 x 8.5" scrapbook so I modified the sketch a little bit (hope that's okay). I used all Unity Stamp Co. images on my page. The sentiment is from the July Kit of the Month. The flowers along the bottom of the page are from the February Kit of the Month. I also used the Distressed Dots background on the white layer of the handmade flower (which just happens to be on sale this weekend *wink*). I tried to use the colors from the picture so the base of my page is Lemon Tart cs from Papertrey Ink. All of the images were stamped in Dark Chocolate ink, also from PTI. The flower border was partially colored in using a Copic marker and a white gel pen. The handmade flower was made by cutting three different sizes of circles in PTI New Leaf, Dark Chocolate, and Stampers Select White cs and distressing the edges. The layers are held together using an aged copper brad. The ribbon is something I picked up a Hobby Lobby a few years ago. I am pleased with the way this turned out and am looking forward to participating in future challenges! Thanks for the inspiration, Jennifer!!!

4 comments:

Jennifer Buck said...

This is adorable, Teresa! I LOVE it! Thank you so much for playing! I really love your layout! :) Hugs & :)

Toni said...

love it Teresa! I have to try the challenge! love the clean and simple look! TFS!

AJ said...

love this one also!!
So glad you are playing along!!
:)
fun page girlie!!!

*kathleen* said...

very pretty