That's how I feel about my life lately. Everything was turned upside down, but now things are right side up again and in full bloom! I made this card for a swap I participated in a few months back with the N.M.B.S. group. I used the gorgeous new SU! set Upsy Daisy and the coordinating Urban Garden ds papers. Colors are Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Not Quite Navy, Basic Gray and Whisper White. The flowers are embossed in white on top of the patterned paper for a very pretty effect. I also did a bit of paper piercing and distressing to the top of the Kiwi Kiss panel. The sentiment was punched out using the Key Tag punch and popped up on dimensionals. I love these colors together!!! I actually made something over the weekend to share here but I need to get some pictures first. I'll be back with that soon, see you then! *wink*
Monday, September 29, 2008 | | 10 Comments
Hello there to all of you out in blogland!!! Yes, I am still here. I have been dealing with some personal issues of great magnitude over the last couple of months. Needless to say, I have not had much time to stamp, or when I did I just didn't feel like doing it. Well, things have gotten a bit better in the last few weeks and I was inspired to create somthing. My friend Jody posted several projects recently featuring the NEW A Muse calendar downloads. This calendar is for me personally. I am planning to put it on my desk at school. I am also planning to make some of these as gifts for the holidays - they are perfect for family and friends! I used the A2 size calendar pages for this project. The covers of the book were made using Bare Elements chipboard which I covered using the SU! Urban Garden designer series papers and Basic Gray cardstock. The numbers are chipboard from the On Board Lots of Letters pack (painted white) and the ribbon is Baja Breeze wide stitched grosgrain. I used my brand new Bind-It-All (which has been in its box since I returned home from Chicago) to put everything together and tied some Basic Gray taffeta and Kiwi Kiss satin ribbons onto the coils. The inside pages also have different selections of the designer series papers on them. There was no stamping involved, so this proved to be a relatively quick and easy project. I am looking forward to creating more calendars in the near future! Oh, and if you are still out there - thanks for sticking with me through this difficult time. I am hoping to be able to post more regularly in the near future . . .
Saturday, September 27, 2008 | | 17 Comments