I'm a winner . . .

It happened by accident. I had this idea to make a cute little gift using one of Papertrey Ink's newest stamp sets from Heather Nichol's Pinefeather Press, Warm Happiness. The stamp set includes sentiments for coffee, cocoa and tea and I thought it would be neat to design a gift that incorporated all three. I thought that the small round clear top tins would be perfect to hold the assorted contents. As I was searching for packaging ideas I happened upon my yet unopened stash of small gable boxes and decided to see if the three tins would fit inside. I was so happy that they did and I started to work on altering the box. I covered it in Polka Dot Parade patterned paper in Aqua Mist, Ocean Tides and Ripe Avocado. I created a belly band from Aqua Mist cs, stamped the words "coffee cocoa tea" repeatedly around it in Ocean Tides ink and added some Ripe Avocado saddle stitch ribbon in the center. I decorated the tops of the tins simply using my new Marvy Super Jumbo snowflake punch stamped with the appropriate label. I also created a tage for my gift using one of the mugs and the sentiment from Warm Happiness, which I filled in with all three beverage words and adorned with another snowflake. Wouldn't this be perfect for a dear friend this winter to help keep them warm and cozy? *wink*

23 comments:

Diane said...

Wow, this is a great gift idea!!! Love the stamp set, giant snowflake and all of it!!!! The dots are neat, too as I LOVE polka dots!!

texasjodylynn said...

YAY congrats! YOU ROCK!

Kelly Elliott said...

This is so cute! Great job!

Sharon said...

I can see why you won. This is fabulous Teresa!

Wendy said...

That is so Awesome!!! Yes, a winner. This coffee, tea, and cocoa addict with love to receive this, one cold winter day!!! TFS

Nancy said...

Adorable coffee themed gifts! The colors are fabulous! And, I love your blog...it's my first visit!

Kerry said...

This is fabulous! I love the paper and stamp set you used...cute gift idea too!

Susan said...

Such a nice gift idea. I like the color combo.

Debbie said...

WTG with your winning creation!!! super cute!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

OMGoodness ... what a great gift idea! Love what you have come up with here and the use of polka dots is so refreshing!! Awesome!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wonderful! Congratulations on the win.

JACKIE said...

WOW! You did such beautiful creations.

Lauren said...

Ooo wow thats so cute! xxx

Lisa Trombitas - www.stampwithlisat.com said...

What a wonderful gift set! Colors are great, and the packaging is just lovely!

Amanda said...

Very nice gift! CONGRATS

Loretta Rodger said...

This is adorable! What a wonderful gift! The polka dots do look terrific!

Kentucky Paper Kreations said...

Om gosh!! I love it! Great gift idea.

Robin

Jen said...

This is such a great little gift idea! Nice job.

CREATE=FUN said...

oh i love these!
so so cute.
definetely a winner ;)

Elizabeth said...

Really cute gift box and tins!

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

Congrats, Teresa! This is awesome!!!

Stacey Schafer said...

darling gift box!

Mandy said...

This looks professional! I love it!