Stamping with Unity and Verve . . .

As promised, today I have some cards to show you using my new birthday goodies. The first card was made for this week's sketch and color challenges over on SCS. It features the newly released Tiny Trinity stamp set from Unity Stamp Co. - isn't it gorgeous??? I stamped the trees using Palette Burnt Umber ink onto watercolor paper. BTW- the Unity handles are the mosdt wonderful thing in my opinion! The comfort of wood, the convenience of acrylic - man, they aren't kidding! I *heart* them muchly!!! Anyway, I watercolored the trees using my aquapainter and Wild Wasabi, Purely Pomegranate, Certainly Celery and Chocolate Chip ink. I had to layer the Wasabi to get the color I wanted. I also layered the Pomegranate on the leaves, but left it lighter in the center - I think it provides a nice contrast. I also watercolored in the grassy area freehand by layering Celery and Wasabi. The sentiment was punched out using my word window punch and the patterned paper is Wasabi and Celery Prints from SU! As a finishing touch I added some aged copper brads. I started with just the ones on the lower left, then felt it needed something so I added the ones in the top right corner. Still thought it needed something so I added the brads in the lower right corner. 11 brads on 1 card - oh my!!! Someone alert the hoarding police - LOL!

The second card was also made for this week's color challenge on SCS, as well as Julee Tilman's Mojo44 Sketch. I have been eyeing Julee's Verve Stamps for a little while now. I just love her fresh and funky style!!! I received my birthday order last weekend and I told myself I *had* to use them for this week's Mojo Monday sketch. This card features the newly released Feeling Groovy and Stems & Petals for the flower stem - what else? It is a little hard to make out, but I embossed a rectangle shape using my Nestabilities on the white background. I am actually going to send this to my hubby for our anniversary (I will be out of town). Shhh, don't tell him! I changed the sentiment after this picture was taken to another from the same set which reads "you're still the one" - it just felt more like what I want to say, KWIM? I have been working hard today on projects for the MFT Guest Designer contest. Make sure you check back soon for a peek . . . *wink*

18 comments:

Kathleen Summers said...

Ohh I love your technique with the water color paper - what a PRETTY card!! TFS!

XOXOXO

Loretta's Blog said...

Teresa;

The cards are very nice, I love your work!

Take care!

Maureen said...

wow - these two cards are beautiful! Nothing like fabulous birthday goodies! Have fun and happy belated birthday!
Maureen

Michelle said...

These are beautiful!! I don't do well with flowers but yours are just gorgeous!! Love the colors!

bensarmom said...

These are so pretty......love what you did with the flower.

Loreen said...

Really enjoyed looking at all of your projects. Your cards & blog are definitely inspiring =)

Sue at StampnDaly said...

I love the colors you used.

daiseyfreak said...

I love, love the colors on this!

Marie said...

I love the water color grass. Both cards are beautiful.
- Marie

Godelieve said...

This is gorgeous!

Julee from Verve said...

Beautiful cards!

Jennifer said...

Love the colors on this card. Might have to get some Unity stamps ;)

Tegan said...

I really like your take on SC183!
I did that one too and yours' is a really pretty card :D

Mandy said...

Look at those colors! WOW!

dini said...

These trees are so cute! Love your technique on the grass. TFS!

Dina @ mamadinis

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

I love that tree card! You did such a nice job coloring, too.

Jen said...

The three trees is awesome! Love the colors on the cards!

Dragana Skoro said...

The tree card is so beautiful...I love your work.