Happy Birthday MFT!!!

Well, these are slightly delayed, but I wanted to share with you the projects I created for the My Favorite Things Guest Designer Challenge. The first thing that came to me was to have Flopsey bring over some carrot cake for the party. I combined the Gardener Flopsey sey and Papertrey Ink's Piece of Cake sets here. The classic and scalloped ovals were cut using my Nestabilities. The card swings open on the aged copper brad to reveal the happy birthday message. Colors were inspired by PTI's Bitty Baby Blessings patterned paper, which was also used to piece Flopsey's overalls and for the flower on her hat.

The next idea I had was to make a birthday card for Kim, owner of MFT. I chose to pair Gardener Flopsey with my Crafty Secrets stamp set Sexy Little Number. I wanted to make the card in MFT's signature colors - pink, black and white. This is a double slider card - when the pink twill is pulled on the messages pop up. Flopsey's hat, overalls, and wheelbarrow were paper pieced using PTI's Pink Patterns paper.



I have two more projects to share but I think I will save those for another day. I am leaving on a two week vacation back home to Chicago on Wednesday, so my posting will be a bit sporadic. I do have posts scheduled for you, but they will not be on a daily basis along with the challenges. I will see you in a few weeks!!! *wink*


11 comments:

Tracy said...

These are so cute! You are so creative!

Jennifer said...

I love your bunny stamps. Especially the one that slides open! CUTE!

Kristin said...

Great card designs! I love all the different folds you do. Found you on splitcoast blog comment, and am glad I did :-) Keep up the good work! ~Kristin from: www.cottagestamping.blogspot.com

texasjodylynn said...

Super cute! I love the bday card! Super creative!

Cheryl said...

Love the way you made these cards interactive. Very clever. Great job.
Cheryl

specialcraftmom4 said...

What a CUTE card and stamp!!!!! Great job (:

Mandy said...

How adorable! I especially love that oval scallop card! How clever...

Lorraine said...

very cute cards and love the images. i have put myself on a self imposed budget so I'll have to wait to order these wonderful new images from MFT. Thanks for sharing

Pamela said...

Hi Lorraine,

You are an expert in coloring. I love you cards

Regards Pam (SCS - Webbgod)

Dragana Skoro said...

I thought I would check your blog now... I am glad I did - your cards are so cute! Good job!

Lori Barnett said...

what cute ideas for cards :) I love that bunny!