Going Green . . .

I have always been someone who love the beauty of nature. When I saw the Eco Chic stamp set during sneak peeks for Unity Stamp Co.'s latest release I was elated!!! This is an adorable stamp set and lemme tell you - the price is right too! I sat down last weekend to make a set of "green" cards. I wanted to use simple designs and earthy colors to create organic looking cards. The first card features the tree image and ecoChic sentiment. I watercolored the tree on Naturals Ivory cs in Close to Cocoa and Old Olive. I distressed the edges of the main image panel and used my SU! spiral punch to notch the left side. I also added some chocolate twill ribbon to finish out the look.

The second card features the sunflowers from the Eco Chic set. I stamped the center flower then created a mask using a stick note. Then I added all the other flowers one by one so it looks like some are in front and others are in back. I watercolored the sunflowers using Close to Cocoa, Old Olive, and Summer Sun inks. For the clouds I used a scalloped circle shape and sponged on some Versamagic Sea Blue ink. The "hope" sentiment comes from the Floral Fantastical stamp set. The slider was made by using my corner rounder on all the edges and then punching with my horizontal slot punch on each end. Chocolate twill ribbon is threaded through and tied.

The third card was made for this week's Technique Lover's Challenge over on SCS - Suspension cards! I thought the earth image would be perfect!!! I stamped the 4 1/4" square card base using my Sanded BG from SU! in Close to Cocoa ink. Then I punched out a window using my scallop punch. The earth image was stamped in Adirondak Espresso ink on Naturals Ivory cs and colored in using Copic markers. It is suspended using hemp twine. The back of the spinner element features the *heart* the earth sentiment from the Eco Chic stamp set. I added some Prima flowers with an aged copper brad center and chocolate twill ribbon as a finishing touch. I hope you enjoyed today's post. Please visit again soon for some more stampy fun here at Inkfully Yours . . . *wink*

13 comments:

Lisbet said...

I was just surfing around and I really enjoy watching your blog.
Hava a great summer.
http://digiscrapp.blogspot.com/

Mary Dawn said...

these are all so cute, love the green in the first two :)

Loretta's Blog said...

very pretty!

I have blog candy!

msrhetta.blogspot.com

daiseyfreak said...

I love unity stamps too. Great cards!

Tracy said...

These are all so cute! You make such great cards!

Jackie said...

I purchased this stamp set...but am sad to say that I have yet to ink them. Love all of your cards.

Tegan said...

I really like the last card with the punched out scalloped circle + the stamped bg~!

Beedubya said...

Love your spinner card!

Lorraine said...

Hi Teresa, I love your going green cards. very clever and fun. thanks for sharing!

Jennifer said...

I love green! :D Loving these unity stamps, great work! Keep it up...

Sue at StampnDaly said...

I love the one with the sunflowers and the clouds.

Jessica said...

I love the tree image that you used on the first card. It is so cute!

Jess said...

I love what you've done with the Unity stamps! That little spinner for the Earth is genius!