Feelin' Owly . . .

I *heart* owls! They are very hip right now and can be found just about anywhere. I recently aquired a few new little guys and I have another one to share with you today. This card was made for today's Color Challenge over on SCS - Groovy Guava, Sahara Sand and whisper White. The stamp set is called The Little Things and is the Kit of the Month (July) over at Unity Stamp Co. I stamped the owl twice in guava ink on white cs and cut him out. I watercolored his belly with sand ink and popped up his wing on dimensionals. The tree trunk was stamped in sahara ink on the same color cs and the peep hole cut out so the owl can peek through. I matted these images onto some pieces cut with my long rectangle Nestabilities. The bottom half of the card base was stamped repeatedly with a twig image. I used my key tag and horizontal slot punches to create the ribbon slider for the sentiment. What a hoot, huh? *wink*

10 comments:

Holly said...

Hey Teresa. I found your blog through SCS and wanted to have a peek around. I love thislittle owl card! The paper piecing is a cute idea for owls!

Tracy said...

Adorable! Those are tough colors, but you made it work beautifully!

Amanda Sewell said...

Super cute T! I might have to go do the color challenge in a bit . . . it is surprisingly pretty nice!!!

Dragana Skoro said...

OK, I am pulling my owls out tomorrow, that is it!! Lovely...

specialcraftmom4 said...

What a great card. I love the soft colors you used (:

Dragana Skoro said...

By the way I nominated you for an award on my blog. Check it out!!! :-)

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

I love the color combo you used. Owls are everywhere these days! I really need to get me some! TFS!

Tiffany Bauer said...

This is so adorable!!! I just love the colors and that Owl!!!!

~ j said...

This is really cute! I love those colors together :)

Helen said...

I love this owl card - I love how you made a cute image look really classy!