Where does the time go???

I stamped this card today for my DD Kaleigh's birthday. She will be turning 6 this weekend and I can hardly believe it!!! She is getting to be so grown up!!!!! I thought it was only appropriate to make her a more grown up card. I used this week's Sketch Challenge from SCS and tweaked it a bit by turning the main image panel upside down. The colors were inspired by the paper I used to wrap all the gifts last night. They are Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, and Lavender Moon from Papertrey Ink and Elegant Eggplant from SU! I used the Garden of Life stamp set, also from PTI. The tag was cut using my Cuttlebug and Tiny Tags dies and reads "happy birthday to you". It is hanging from some Lavender Moon topnotch twill ribbon. We are planning to celebrate this weekend with a giant chocolate cupcake cake and a trip to Disney's Hollywood Studios to try out the new Toy Story attraction. Fun, fun, fun!!!

6 comments:

Lesly said...

Cute card! I know what you mean about the time flying. My boys are 8 and 11. It seems like just yesterday when they were starting school. Enjoy every minute!

Lori Barnett said...

Cute card!! my daughter is 7 and she is like so much fun!! I don't want her to grow up...but yet...well...you know!! I still snuggle with her at night and she LOVE oobie oobie on TV. Total preschool show...but I watch it with her! ha ha

inkydiva cards said...

very pretty card...love the colors!

Anonymous said...

Super cute card! Hope K has a
wonderful birthday! A big chocolate cupcake cake and toy story? I want to come!! LOL.

Jo Ann (myinkyfingers)

Frenchy said...

I would love to see your giant chocolate cupcake cake?? Is that just a bunch of cupcakes arranged to look like a cake or is it a cake made to look like a giant cupcake? I am intrigued! Love the card - I'm sure it will make her feel grown up!

Ashley said...

What a great card! My son turned one this week so I know what you mean about time going by so quickly.