More challenges . . .

I stamped today - yippee!!! DD was with Grandma and Grandpa so I had some time to myself. I worked on her giant cupcake cake too - look for pictures of that in the near future! *wink* The first card I made was for this week's Color Challenge over at SCS - Soft Sky, Kraft and Basic Black. It got me using my Copic markers - I still need lots of practice, but I *love* the look!!! I used the Bloomin' Beautiful stamp set from the SU! Occasions Mini Collection and the Sanded BG. Details of note include popped up blooms over where the leaves would be and Stickles for the flower centers. I also paper pieced the vase using Kraft cs. The Sofy Sky strip is stamped repeatedly with the word "bloom" and the ribbons are kraft taffeta and black gingham.

The next card was made using Julee Tilman's Mojo Monday Sketch (Mojo42). I have been eyeing her sketches for a few weeks but this is the first time I have tried one out for myself. I love it - so unique!!! I used my brand new Honey Bees stamp set from Papertrey Ink which arrived today! *giddies* I paired it with some patterned paper from the Bitty Baby Blessings collection. Colors are Lemon Tart and Chocolate Chip, ribbon is Summer Sunrise luxe satin. I used my restangle Nestabilities for the main image panel and added some aged copper brads for balance. I have been rearranging and organizing around here this week - seems like that will be my summer project. LOL! Check back soon for more goodies, ok?

12 comments:

GinaP said...

wow, that's a great combo! I think I may have to try that challenge out myself! Really nice and clean card... I love it.

Tracy said...

These flowers are so pretty! You did a beautiful job! The layout is so elegant!

bensarmom said...

Teresa, these are two very pretty cards.

Lesly said...

I love the bee card and am planning on doing the mojo monday sketch tomorrow.

Marie said...

Gorgeous cards, Teresa!!! Love them BOTH!!

Jessica said...

Both of these cards are gorgeous, I love the soft colors that you chose!

Lorie said...

Absolutely lovely cards...as usual!

Julee from Verve said...

Lovely cards. Love the way you did the ribbon on the mojo sketch. Thanks for playing my challenge! :)

chica21b said...

Great cards! I participated in Julee's card sketch too. I love your card!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

oooo I love your bee card! It's very pretty!

Lorraine said...

wow, both cards are fantastic. I love the one with the bees on it. both of your color combos are great. love how you used the ribbon on both cards. There's lots of talent on this blog! tfs

Cheryl Lynn Hirzel said...

Both of these cards are done very well - I love them both!