Fun with challenges . . .

Yesterday I had the whole day free to stamp. I made two cards for three different challenges! The first card is for this week's Sketch and Color Challenges over at SCS. I really like the fun design of the squares and the color combination is so unique! I used the Fresh Cuts stamp set and inked the main image in Wild Wasabi. Then I edged the image using my Taken With Teal marker (since I don't have the inkpad) to achieve a rock-n-rolled look. I cut the image into squares and matted them with Teal cs. For the sentiment panel I stamped the branch image in a square pattern in Teal ink and added the "for you" sentiment in the center in Wasabi. The panel was cut out using my square scalloped Nestabilities and then sponged with Wasabi ink. Next I added a piece of Styled Silver hodgepodge hardware around the sentiment and popped the panel up on dimensionals in the center of the card. Finally, I ran a piece of Wasabi double stitched ribbon underneath the sentiment panel and tied it in a knot.


The second card was for a Sketch Challenge being held in honor of the Unity Stamp Co. release yesterday. If you haven't checked them out yet you really need to do that!!!
I placed my first Unity order last night as an early birthday present to myself and I am super excited! Since I didn't have any Unity stamps yet to use for the challenge I let myself be inspired by the fresh and fun look of sneak peeks that were being shown by the design team and this is what I came up with. The patterned paper is from the Crate Paper Blue Hill Collection. Cardstock is all Papertrey Ink in Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet and Aqua Mist. Stamps are SU! - Lots of Thoughts and Baroque Motifs. I also used my 1/2" circle, 1 3/8" circle, and scallop punches from SU! The ribbon is Berry Sorbet luxe satin from PTI. This was such a unique sketch to work with! I had a blast at the Unity release party last night too!!! Make sure you check back soon for another round of Mommy and Me stamping . . . *wink*


18 comments:

Lisa Foster said...

These are both so pretty! I really love the circle edges on the second one! How totally creative! Awesome job on both!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

I love that teal/wasabi card! I think TwT is my new favorite color, and I love what you did with it. :)

Mary Dawn said...

i love the inchie layout, but the postage stamp effect on the pink card! wow, so cute that i may have to case it!

Diane said...

Cute card for the color challenge. I am going to have to try it...there have been some really cool cards with colors I would never choose!

Jody said...

Very cute cards! I just love teal & wasabi together! WOW! A big ginormous postage card! Too bad it won't pay for itself in the mail! ;)

katiesniche said...

Beautiful cards! I love the 'swiss cheese' look of the edges on the second card. Great colors on the first!

bensarmom said...

The teal card is just gorgeous!

Tracy said...

These are soooo pretty! I love the layouts and how you did the border on the second one!

Lorraine said...

Teresa, the card you made for the challenge is gorgeous. Wonderful color combo, very beautiful and elegant. TFS

Michelle said...

That's an interesting card edge! It makes me think of cheese! LOL! Too cute of an idea for the stamp concept! Love it!

Vicki said...

What darling cards!! :) You did an awesome job with these challenges!! Love that inchie!!

Lori Barnett said...

I love those colors! I just ran out of taken w teal cs! I'm been on a twt kick lately with summer colors! :)

Catherine Bowers said...

I love the Teal and Wasabi card. It has action, but is not busy. First card I've seen in a long time that is "different" . Thank you for creating and sharing such nice cards.

Melzie said...

Both are great, love the top one!!
I saw that CS, and I had no ideas, LOL! Great one to use the marker... :)

Today is my last full day to play before I do summer school. :)

Sherrie said...

They are both very pretty, love the first one! That script in the background is so beautiful!

Cheryl Lynn Hirzel said...

Wow! I really like how you did the9 block sketch challenge card!

Louly said...

I love all of your cards, you're so talented! I especially love the first one in this post. It's just my cup of tea.xx

Pamela said...

Wow Teresa that first card is unreal and that is teal and wasbi I am gunna have to copy that colour combo.

Regards Pam aka SCS Webbgod