Final days of school . . .

The final days of the school year are rapidly approaching and our much anticipated vacation is almost here!!! I can hardly wait!!!!! Today I am sharing with you the end of the year gifts I made for my DD's teachers - a School Supply Garden! I had this idea after thumbing through the SU! catalog one night. I had picked up these aluminum flower pots from the Target $ Spot and knew they would be perfect. I knew I wanted to use the die cut blooms and Summer Picnic ds papers from the Occasions Mini Collection because of the bright and cheery colors. I used my Marvy mega circle punch and 1" circle punch to create the patterned paper flower centers. I also added a flower buckle from the Styled Silver hodgepodge hardware kit to each bloom and tied some ribbon through the center. Each layered flower was glued onto the lid of a SU! Stack 'n Store container. Each container also had a hole punched into the base using my Crop-a-dile, through which the pencil stems were inserted. Each container holds different school supplies - paper clips, staples, earsers, and mini sticky notes. The flower stems were inserted into some floral foam which I glued into the aluminum pots. To cover the foam I glued down some crinkle gift wrap shred. Finally, each stem has ribbon leaves tied around it. I think this turned out so cute and functional too! And it will look wonderful on the teachers' desks next year. I'm not sure when my next post will be as we come into the home stretch now. Rest assured I will be back with some vacation pics and new projects soon! *wink*

18 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh, my goodness!!! This is the cutest thing! It'll be loved, I am sure!

Amanda Sewell said...

This is just adorable Teresa! You are so clever :)

Michele Zwart said...

What a great idea! I'm a teacher and I would *love* this on my desk!

Lori Barnett said...

How cute! I love the Target $1 zone :)

Loretta's Blog said...

oh my, this is so cute! I will be 'borrowing' this idea for sure!

Thanks so much for showing us this great project!

Loretta
www.msrhetta.blogspot.com
-- offering blog candy!

kk127g said...

The teachers are going to love these. Great Job.
KK

katiesniche said...

What a great idea!! I'm sure your dd's teacher loved the gift!! How cleaver!

cheryl said...

Wonderful project! I don't have any kids' teachers to give it to, but maybe I can adapt it to someone else. One flower could even hide a small gift in the container behind it.

Tessa (shastess on SCS) said...

so cute! I am a teacher and I would love that! We are out for the year already!!! Enjoy your summer!

Jennifer Murai said...

What a great teacher gift idea!! TFS

Brandi Parshley said...

So cute! I love how you added the containers on the backs to put little goodies in!

Pam's Pride said...

That is to cool! I love how it is useful classroom materials on the back of the flowers! Genius!!

Jen C said...

How cute! What a great idea!!!

bensarmom said...

What a darling idea! I too am a teacher whose first day of vacation was Friday. I can't wait to do the daily challenges again!

Veronica said...

What a great idea!! I love those! Cute, cute!

art-girl said...

This is an AWESOME project. So cute and useful!

Beth said...

what a great idea!

kerianne said...

What a great gift! Super cute and totally creative and thoughtful!!