Elegance and whimsy . . .

I snuck in a little bit of stamping this morning in the midst of all my cleaning. I was inspired by both Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge and the current Hanna Stamps Challenge, hosted by my friend Manda. *waves* The colors for the challenge are Barely Banana, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Very Vanilla, and Chocolate Chip. I wanted to work with Papertrey Ink's colors since I was using their stamps so I used Lemon Tart, Spring Moss, and Aqua Mist instead. The stamp sets I used are Guide Lines (for the pattern on the Lemon Tart cs), Honey Bees (for the floral image in the scallop), and Garden of Life (for the sentiment). The yellow flower on the right is cut out and popped up using dimensionals. The Spring Moss strip is patterned paper from the Everyday Blessings collection. Manda also challenged us to use yellow as the main color on our project and I think it really is a perfect fit! Such a classy spring card!!!

I also wanted to share with you a photo of the birthday cake I made for Kaleigh. The pan I used is made by Wilton. I purchased it at Michaels with a 50% off coupon. It is a heavy non-stick pan which bakes the cake in two parts - the top (icing) and the bottom (cup). I am not a professional baker by any means, although I do enjoy it. It was a bit of a challenge to decorate. I ended up using a star tip on the bottom half and a straight tip on the top, smoothing as I went. It is not perfect, but all in all I am pleased with the results. Kaleigh really likes it and that's the important thing, right? Oh, and yes - those are Mickey sprinkles on the top of the cake. I have had these for years and Kaleigh insisted I use them despite my reservations about their taste. I guess we'll find out tomorrow . . . *wink*

17 comments:

Dorinda said...

That is sooo AWESOME!! Great Job T!!

Frenchy said...

Holy Cow! That is such a cute cake! And, I'm going to Michael's tonight! Woo hoo!

texasjodylynn said...

That is SOOOOOOOOO cute! Awesome job!

Tracy said...

Beautiful card and yummy cake! Great work!

Riley said...

this is lovely!! great color combo!

Melzie said...

What an absolutely adorable cake! You did good, don't knock yourself!!! :)

Cute card too-- but I'm in the mood for a sugar fix. LOL!

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE that cake! Mmmmm!

Nicole said...

What a cute cake! Great job! :D

Loretta's Blog said...

I love the cupcake, umm I'm hungry!

Thanks for such a great blog.

GinaP said...

first, that card is so cute and I love the colors.. AND, that cake is AWESOME! Who wouldn't love a giant cupcake like that?! Neat!!

jpmayo said...

Adorable card and adorable cake!!
I have seen that pan and would never be brave enough to try it myself, great job!

cbakernfx said...

Lovely card and fantastic looking cupcake cake! I hadn't ever seen one of those before. I am sure it was DELICIOUS!

Lorraine said...

beautiful card. and the cake!!!!...(((grabbing bag, running out the door to go to M's to buy the baking pan))) absolutely fantastic. great idea!

Lisa Foster said...

Oh COOL! That look so yummy! I could never attempt something like that...I can't even get the square ones to turn out right! Great JOB!

Michelle said...

Too cute! We have the same pan and have only made it once! I need to figure out how to level each half so it sits better together! Have any "tips"?! LOL!

Lori Barnett said...

Now that's a cupcake!!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

I love that long card, and your cake is just too cute! TFS!