Challenges . . .

I love challenges!!! I find them inspiring and they can really get the creative juices flowing! I usually try to do at least the SCS color and sketch challenges each week. Now that school is out however, I am hoping to be able to participate in some of the other weekly challenges. Yesterday I stamped this card for the sketch challenge over on SCS. I realized after uploading it that I made an *oops* and that the rectangular panel was supposed to be in the front with the diamond shaped panel behind it, but oh well! I am still pleased with the results!!! I used the Father Knows Best stamp set and coordinating patterned paper from Papertrey Ink for this card. I just love the colors in the paper and the sentiments in this set! I am really looking forward to their latest release set for this Sunday, June 15th!!!

Today I decided to check out the Ways To Use It challenge, which was to find a way to incorporate pictures into your project. I immediately thought of doing something with my DD's school picture from this year. I had planned on doing a scrapbook page, but then I thought about some long forgotten frames I had picked up from the Target $1 Spot a few years ago and my project was born! I knew I wanted to use the Lined Paper Backgrounder and Making the Grade stamp set from Cornish Heritage Farms. They are perfect for anything school related and I just love them!!! Since our school colors are red and blue I chose to work with Real Red, Blue Bayou, and Soft Sky. It is hard to tell from the photo but the Blue Bayou is textured cs (yes, I *finally* stopped hoarding it!). The crayon image is cut out and popped up on dimensionals and I added some red striped grosgrain ribbon as a finishing touch. I think it will be perfect on my desk next year, don't you??? *wink*

20 comments:

Jen C said...

I especially love the tree card. It's beautiful!

SmilynStef said...

How adorable.

Loretta's Blog said...

simply adorable!

Loretta
www.msrhetta.blogspot.com
---- offering blog candy

Katy said...

I'm a big fan of "oops". I really like the way your "mistake" makes the main image pop. Gorgeous!!

Mary Dawn said...

this is just perfect! i love that backgrounder and i want every kim hughes set ever! LOL

stampin abi said...

love your card, the colour combo is great!

stampin abi said...

I love your card, great colour combo's!

Beedubya said...

As usual, beautiful stuff! I'm also going to be on summer vacation in one week so I'm hoping to try some of the wicked challenges on SCS. Bravo!

specialcraftmom4 said...

What a cute project!!!! This was a great idea (:

Veronica said...

The PT card is beautiful, and the flower card with your daughter's pic is adorable! I need the CHF lined bg stamp! You are very talented.

bensarmom said...

Your tree card is so soft and pretty.

Lorraine said...

love the card with the image of the tree. great layout and color combo. just when i thought i wouldn't be ordering any more stamps for awhile...this one looks like a must have. thanks for sharing your creativity!

Lori Barnett said...

Awesome job on the challenge!! I love the school layout. Totally cute :)

Marie said...

Both of these cards are adorable!!

Erika H. said...

Oh my...they are both such great projects. The tree one is so pretty, and I love the photo project. What a cutie!

Allison said...

Love your take on the sketch. I like it with your "oops." I didn't even try out this sketch because I wasn't a big fan but with your "oops" I don't mind it. Your card is beautiful!

Sherrie said...

This is just darling Teresa!

Michele Zwart said...

That is so cute! I love the scallop with notebook paper!

GinaP said...

ooh, i love the paper piercing around the edge of that card. PRETTY!

Laura said...

Your tree card looks beautiful!! I just love tree stamps.