U is for Unique . . .

Hello again! Hope everyone is having (or had, depending on when you are reading this) a nice weekend. I had some time this morning and I decided to give Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge a try. I pulled out my new Spring Break designer series papers from SU! which I received in my order last week. I really like the fresh color combinations of Soft Sky, Old Olive, and Pumpkin Pie. This is fairly simple and self explanatory, but I added a few details of note. The corners of the Soft Sky ds paper were notched with the ticket corner punch. The strip of Pumpkin Pie ds was distressed on the long edges. The main image/ sentiment panel features the Define Your Life and Defining alpha stamp sets. At the top are three clear rhinestone brads. A piece of Soft Sky double stitched ribbon finishes out the look. I liked this sketch - I think it lends itself well to showcasing several coordinating ds papers, don't you? I have been working diligently on end-of-the-year teacher and student gifts, so be sure to stop back by for a peek at those in the not-too-distant future . . . *wink*

19 comments:

Marie said...

Love your card, and the colors of that DSP are great!!! I'm a demo, but Spring Break DSP isn't ringing a bell for me. Is it some kind of future item? I'd love to know. Thanks!!

Nancy said...

Pumpkin Pie is not a colour I ever reach for... but I love the punch it gives to this card.

So Pretty!

Riley said...

Very nice! love this!

Toni said...

Super cute card Teresa! I love that Spring break paper.

specialcraftmom4 said...

Love the colors and design! Great Blog (:

Lori Barnett said...

As soon as I saw this card I was like ...wow...it's so fresh looking. I love the floral print paper in that color. Perfect. Your card is awesome.

beate said...

Teresa, I love it! I love that paper! I need to use the stamp set more often.
Thanks for playing!
Hugs and smiles

Jessica F. said...

Ooooo - I love the colors. What a nice card.

I agree, is the paper a future item?

Stephanie Herbert said...

Awesome card!

Jessica said...

This is gorgeous, great job!

daiseyfreak said...

I love this!

Helen said...

I love the "busy-ness" of this - and the fab colours!

cheryl said...

The colors you used are wonderful together - serene and fresh.

Lesly said...

Oooh - I love this card. Thank you for sharing,

kathleenh said...

Beautiful card! I love the combinations of color and papers.

Sarah said...

This is so pretty! I love the floral DP. Very nice!

Debbie Olson said...

Beautiful card! Great color combo and layout as well!

Mary Dawn said...

i really like this color combination, it's so fresh

Godelieve said...

Really yummy color combo, love the combination of patterns. Beautiful card!