That's what it's all about . . .

Well, after completing about 30 swap cards I am happy to say that yesterday I was able to stamp for fun! I was inspired by this week's Color and Sketch Challenges over on SCS and I decided to take some time out for me. Although it is a fairly simple design, I am pleased with the way it turned out. It is different from my usual creations, and I think it has an elegan flair to it. I started with an 8" x 9 1/4" Purely Pomegranate card base, scored at 4" vertically. Then instead of folding back 3/4" on the front, I cut it and used my corner rounder (sans guard) to scallop the edge. Next I stamped the front of the card with my Ornate Tooled Leather background from Starving Artistamps in pomegranate ink. I then stamped the floral image (from the Large Silhouette Flowers sheet, also by Starving Artistamps) in Midnight Black VersaMagic ink onto a Sofy Sky mega Marvy Scalloped Oval. (Yes, I am *still* waiting on my Oval Nestabilities - both sets!) I used my 1/16" punch to notch each scallop. I used sone Soft Sky double stitched ribbon to hold the card closed. As a finishing touch I added mini flat-backed self-adhesive pearls to each of the scallops along the edge of the card. I will be posting pictures of my swap cards here in the next few days, so be sure to check back soon!

5 comments:

Lizette said...

The scallop looks great ! Nice job.
Looking forward to seeing the swap cards.

jill_b said...

Very nice card! I have those little pearls too and I absolutely LOVE them! I really like your oval too!! Thanks for sharing. Hey, if you have time, check out my blog. I am giving away a few things tonight to one lucky visitor!!! Maybe it will be you!! Have a great evening! {jill_b}

Rhonda L said...

Love the pearls & scallops. The background is great. I shy away from background stamps but I admire their use by others. I am background stamp challenged.

Mary Dawn said...

this is really beautiful, i love the red on red

Pam's Pride said...

Great card! I love how all of the scallops came out!