Something special for me . . .

Most often when I am papercrafting I am making something for someone else. While flipping through my SU! catalog a few weeks ago, trying to decide which chipboard products I wanted to purchase at 25% off, I was inspired to finally make something I have been wanting to try for awhile now - a custom corkboard. The Ginormous Pieces chipboard assortment contains many larger pieces that I though would be perfect for this project. However it wasn't until that night a few weeks ago that I finally figured out the logistics. I realized that the On Board Book Basics (large) would be just the right size for the back of the board, with the scalloped pieces being the frame. When my chipboard arrived I could hardly wait to get started, although I'll admit I had a difficult time choosing which designer series papers I wanted to use. Finally I settled on Afternoon Tea - very girly (which is totally me!) and I just *love* the colors!!! After that it all came together rather simply (if you don't count impatiently waiting for the glue to dry). You can't see it in the picture, but the back of the corkboard is covered in ds paper as well. I added pewter jumbo eyelets in each of the top corners and threaded through some Groovy Guava double stitched ribbon as a hanger. I also made some custom push pins using my 1/2" circle punch and pewter Build-a-Brad kit. I am rather pleased with the results and I am looking forward to making some more of these for friends. I am working on a few other things (of course!), so be sure to visit again soon . . . *wink*

14 comments:

Stampin' Silva said...

What a wonderful idea! I agree the colors in the Afternoon Tea DSP are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your talent with us!!!

daiseyfreak said...

I just bought some corkboard for a shoebox swap, so I'm loving this sample!

Helen said...

What a lovely idea!

Mary Dawn said...

i think this is adorable! i want one :)

The Crafty Chik said...

That's cute!

specialcraftmom4 said...

Very pretty (:

Jennifer Murai said...

What a great idea. I may have to pull out my Ginormous pieces and try one. TFS

Sue at StampnDaly said...

Nice project!!

Stampmouse said...

great corkboard and so functional too

Erika H. said...

What a beautiful project...love the soft colors. Fabulous.

beate said...

What a gorgeous Corkboard! I love it!
Have a great weekend
Hugs and smiles

katiesniche said...

This is so pretty! And very girly as you said! Great ideas!!

Lori Barnett said...

Great idea! I love that DSP!! Looks like you are having fun :)

bensarmom said...

Wowzers what a great idea. That paper is some of my favorite as well.