Simple Little Things . . .

Well, I am still feeling a little icky. Whatever it is that I have is lingering. And I really, really need to get rid of it before I go on vacation, KWIM? Here's hoping . . . Anyway, I was still able to sneak in a quick stamping session this evening to play with today's Color Challenge on SCS - Sage Shadow, Chocolate Chip, and Very Vanilla. I knew I wanted to pull out some of my retired SU! ds papers, Au Chocolat. While I was leafing through them I was inspired by this pattern and thought that it would coordinate nicely with some of the images in my Papertrey Ink anniversary set, Simple Little Things. I created three little medallions using my 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches and my scallop punch. Then I popped these up on dimensionals and added some self-adhesive flat beacked pearls in the centers. The edge of the card is slightly shorted than the back, and I used my corner rounder (sans guard) to scallop it. Stay tuned because tomorrow is the PTI Blog Hop and I *finally* took pictures of the gifts for Kaleigh's teachers, which I will probably post on Thursday. Exciting stuff - you won't want to miss it!!! *wink*

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Great use of the Au Chocolat! I need to pull this out of my stash and use it again...thanks for the inspiration :o)

~Michelle

daiseyfreak said...

love this!

Vera said...

Love the scalloped edge with the scalloped circles. Great layout, and great job with the challenge!

Mandy said...

This is gorgeous! I love the little pearls added to your design!

katiesniche said...

Very pretty card! Love the colors! Funny, I just pulled out my Au Chocolate this week too :)

Godelieve said...

This is beautiful! Very neat and clean!

Lori Barnett said...

How did I miss this one?! Love it. I have Au Chocolat and what a great idea for a card!!

Stacy said...

Very elegant card! tfs

Lesly said...

Great card. Thank you for sharing.

bensarmom said...

Love the scallops and pearls on this beautiful card!

Allison said...

Love this! This colour challenge was one of my faves!