It's time for My Favorite Things . . .

As my loyal blog readers will know by now, I am an equal opportunity stamper. Although I am a Stampin' UP! Demonstrator, I am also a huge fan of several other stamp companies. For example, I am a member of Starving Artistamps Guest Design Team. I am a member of the Papertrey Ink forums and regularly participate in their contests and challenges. I also love to hang out over at the My Favorite Things forum on SCS, especially for their super fun release parties. I have also participated in both of the *official* MFT swaps to date. Today I am sharing with you my contributions to the recent ATC swap. For the first group I used the Ride 'Em Cowgirl stamp set. I wanted a girly girl cowgirl - I envisioned her in pinks and browns! I chose to use my Berry Bliss ds paper from SU! both as the background (which looks like wallpaper to me!) and her skirt. Lots of paper piecing here, which is quickly becoming my favorite technique. I thought it needed something, so I added the jumbo brass eyelet at the top and looped some chocolate grosgrain ribbon through it. I think this cute little number would make a great bookmark or luggage tag, don't you???


For the next group we were limited to only using the MFT colors - pink, black and white. I chose the Hot Stuff stamp set for this one. More paper piecing here! I first stamped the coffee cups in a row on the white cs, then again onto some PTI Sweet Blush cs. I colored some of the details with a black marker, cut them out, and popped them up with dimensionals. The ribbon is Luxe Satin Ribbon (also in Sweet Blush) from PTI, however I used the back side of the ribbon for a more subtle look. I hear the swaps are on their way back to us and that they are all stellar. I *can't wait* to see them!!! Tonight is the MFT release - there are three new sets and the sneak peeks are adorable! Make sure you come by the MFT Member Forum on SCS for the party!!! In other news, I did a little stamping last night - so check back soon . . . *wink*

21 comments:

Rosella said...

Very pretty ATCs. Especially like the cowgirl one. Very unique.

art-girl said...

Very cute ATC. Like the eyelet and ribbon at the top.

Nice work on the paper piecing. I've never tried it because it looks so difficult.

Jen said...

Oh both these are wonderful! Love the MFT colors and who doesn't like a good latte!

AJ said...

those are waaaay too cute Teresa!!
love them both!!
good stuff!

jill b said...

Very nice cutie cowgirl! I also love the Thanks A Latte! I just bought a set of stamps from Impression Obsession that is all about coffee!!! I made a card today but am having probs getting a good pic so its not on my blog...i do have a litle Rachelle Anne Miller card that I made yesterday and the Lily stamp is paper pieced! Love it that someone else enjoys it too!! THANKS for sharing! {jill b}

Jess said...

Love the mugs and the colors. Oh so sweet!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

I have the little cowgirl stamp, but haven't even taken it out of the package yet. You have inspired me to make something with her this weekend! I'm seeing something like birthday invitations for my daughter's birthday this summer. She is a little princess cowgirl! The Berry Bliss paper is just perfect for her!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

I have the little cowgirl stamp, but haven't even taken it out of the package yet. You have inspired me to make something with her this weekend! I'm seeing something like birthday invitations for my daughter's birthday this summer. She is a little princess cowgirl! The Berry Bliss paper is just perfect for her!

Rhonda L said...

I love the colors! The cowgirl is really cute!!

Danyelle Kessler said...

That is one adorable ATC. It would make a nice luggage tag, but with the way those Samsonite gorillas at the airport treat the luggage....I don't know if I would give them something so nice.

Kerry said...

i have this set and haven't really had a way to use it yet. this is a great idea that I might have to lift!! thanks!

Tania said...

I love your coffee-card!

Toni said...

I forgot that you said not to look at your blog if I didnt want to see our swap cards! Oh well!
I love them both! I cant wait to get them!

Carole said...

My favorite color combos on both cards! That cowgirl ATC is adorable...the Berry Bliss paper was the perfect choice!!

MichelleO said...

They are both really cute ATCs. Love the colors, but I really do love the cowgirl! Them boots are made for walking!

Helen said...

Love that jumbo eyelet - I'm soooooo glad that I ordered some! ;)

Loretta's Blog said...

What cute ideas!

Loretta
www.msrhetta.blogspot.com

Amanda Sewell said...

Cute ATC's T! Now I am sad I did not do that swap! Oh well, maybe next time :)

Jessica said...

I love that latte card, so pretty!

Mandy said...

Simple, sweet, and cute!

Michele Zwart said...

I just bought that cowgirl stamp a couple days ago. :) I keep seeing all of the cute stuff and had to have it!