Blog Hoppin' . . .


It's that time again! Tonight is Papertrey Ink's May Blog Hop!!! The challenge this month was to use score lines as a focal point on your project. I was a little unsure of how to accomplish this at first, since I don't currently own a Scor-Pal or Scor-It, or similar scoring tool. I use my good ole' Fiskars paper cutter with a scoring blade for all my scoring needs. I *did* know that I wanted to use my new Bitty Baby Blessings stamp set, so I tried to plan my card around that. I have seen a lot of projects featuring a diagonal grid of score lines lately and this reminded me of a quilted baby blanket. I thought this would be the perfect way to showcase both the score lines and my newest PTI stamp set!!! I started by embossing one of my larger classic rectangle Nestabilities dies in the center of my white card base. Then I set to work meticulously creating my "quilt" using my Fiskars trimmer - not the easiest of tasks! I also wanted to incorporate some of the Bitty Baby Blessing patterned paper into my design, so I decided to cut triangles from two patterns and alternate them along the outside of the "quilt". Next, I stamped some of the tiny images in the center diamonds using Lavender Moon, Summer Sunrise, and Spring Moss inks. Ok, on to the finishing touches. I adhered some Lavender Moon topnotch twill along the edges to serve as the "binding" of the quilt. As a sentiment I chose "A Star Is Born" from the Favor It: Baby coordinating stamp set. I punched it out using my word window punch and added two silver star embossed circle brads. In the center I used a Heidi Swapp ghost shape star and a saffron colored button. I hope you enjoyed this stop along the Blog Hop route. Make sure you check out the other entries and head on over to the PTI forum to join in the fun!!!

39 comments:

IamDerby said...

Gorgeous! I love the quilt look to it.

Kimberly said...

VERY cool use of the pieces of pp to accent your score lines!! tfs! :)

Chris said...

very cute!!!

Jennifer Buck said...

How cute is this! I love the star in the center! TFS :)

Diane said...

This an absolutely precious card. Well worth the time and effort!

Kristy Vernon said...

Wow! This looks like such an intricate card and I love how you used the small images.

Michelle said...

Oh, I *love* this set from PTI!! It's on my wishlist ;o) You did a great job using those teeny tiny images as your focal...love it. Great colors, too! So soft and perfectly 'baby' :o)

~Michelle

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

So cute! I love how you used the scores to separate the images!

GrammaStamper (Barb) said...

What a lovely card. You did a fine job.

Regan said...

what a pretty card!!

Lori said...

Teresa, this is adorable! I love how you showed off the cute images and patterned paper.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh Teresa, this is really great. Love all the paper piecing. There's so much charm to this creation. Great job.

Molly B said...

Nicely done. I love the quilt look, being a quilter before I became addicted to paper. -Molly B

Niki Estes said...

This is so cute!! I love the quilted look with the star in the center!

Deanna said...

Gorgeous, love that you used the tiny little images from Bitty Baby Blessings!

Lisa H. said...

I love it. I love how you used the paper and stamps nestled in your score lines. great card.

Bridget said...

I love how you used the Bitty Baby Blessings paper..it really adds a lot to your card..Great job!!

Chris said...

so darn cute!!!

Aimee said...

great use of the scors... beautiful card

Cynthia said...

I like your card. It looks very difficult and time consuming. but beautiful Cynthia

Ana said...

BEAUTIFUL!!

Bonnie said...

Fabulous quilt!! So much time involved and beautiful to prove it!

daiseyfreak said...

love this, I need a score pal!

Donelda said...

I like all those cute little baby images inside the scored diamonds!! Thanks for the inspiraiton.

amber said...

I love the quilted look of your card. Nice job!!!

Theresa Tyree said...

Love the quilty feel of your card! SO cute and what great use of the Baby Blessings set!

Terri said...

Nice job. I especially like how you incorporated the patterned paper into it. The star in the center is cool too.

Debbie Olson said...

So lovely! That patterned paper that you incorporated is a great touch!

Sara Paschal said...

Very cute!

Scrapping Julie said...

oh my goodness this is just too sweet!!

Mandy said...

Oh, wow! Looks just like a baby quilt!

Annapurna said...

Very nice! Love all the layers.

Melzie said...

Cute!!! Are you guys out of school now? I'll hav eto check out the link, 2 weeks till summer break for us, and then I can play more!!

stampinlynn said...

Wow all I can say is Wow this is awesome TFS.
Lynn

dutchbird said...

beautiful! I love how you used score lines!

Loretta's Blog said...

love the layout and colros, georgeous!

Loretta
www.msrhetta.blogspot.com

Jacquie said...

Love your card, amazing piecing of the paper (not sure if I am brave enough to attempt as my cuts, no matter what I use, always seem a bit off, just like me : )

Great colors and wonderful composition. Your blog is wonderful!

Godelieve said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for posting a detail photo too.

Brandi Parshley said...

Wow! Amazing work! Your attention to detail is fantastic!