Always . . .

I have been wanting to stamp all weekend and just got a chance this evening. It seems like we have been going non-stop with one thing or another and there is never enough time. This card combines this week's Color Challenge from SCS (Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, and Certainly Celery) and Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge. I decided to use one of my favorite stamp sets from the current SU! catalog - Always. Although I love the look of it, I often find it difficult to use for some reason. I thought it best to stick to simple tone-on-tone stamping for the background. I used the rock and roll technique on the main image, which was cut out using my classic and scalloped circle Nestabilities. I really love these colors together! I'll have to try another creation with them soon. As promised, look for the teacher gift pics sometime this week. We are in the homestretch now - only 6 more days of school!!!

10 comments:

Silvergirl said...

Wonderful card and fabulous colors! Love it, Teresa!

Hugs,
lise

Erika H. said...

Wow...this card is so very pretty! Love the layout, the colors, the ribbon. Great job.

Rhonda L said...

I love the tone on tone in the background! I really like the rock & roll effect on the bird. I really need to get this set!!

Melzie said...

I love it!!! I especially love teh colors.. maybe I should look up the color challenges... summer is almost here, I'll have more time!!! :)

beate said...

Teresa, your card is gorgeous! I love it!
Hugs and smiles

cheryl said...

Beautiful color combo and the bird image is becoming on of my favorites.

Lesly said...

Love this card. This is one of my favorite sets.

stampinmomnh said...

I Love this card!Great colors.

bensarmom said...

Oh my this is absolutely gorgeous!

dini said...

Love this color combo, and the rock and rolled birdie!