Triple Challenge . . .

I was a little ambitious with my stamping today. Three challenges all wrapped up into one little card. I actually started this card yesterday for the Technique Lovers Challenge over on SCS, which was to make a card using the paper tole technique. This is actually something I have done before, but I didn't realize there was name for it - LOL! I also decided to use the sketch from this week's My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge for my card. Well, as you might remember me mentioning, we had a little bit of lizard drama here yesterday and I got called away from my stamping area and forgot all about my card. It's okay though - today I picked up right were I left off, and I had the added inspiration of today's Color Challenge. I watercolored my stamped images, from the MFT set Punny Farm, and layered the chickens, boots and pails twice and the lady' hat three times. I added some sponging and used ten aged copper brads as accents. The scalloped border on the Apricot Prints designer series paper was made using some scalloped scissors. I was a bit skeptical of these colors at first, but they are quite springy dont'cha think??? Be sure to check back tomorrow - I am hoping to have a Sketch Challenge card to share with you then! *wink*

12 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Great card...you did very well on the challenges.

Desirée said...

Great job with the colour challenge, and I love the paper tole!

Julia said...

I love it. This set is so cute!!

Nardi said...

Lovely card and congrats on combining so many challenges in one card!

Kisa Peters said...

Great card! Fun colors! I tried that paper tole too! Not so easy on small images, is it!?!

Beedubya said...

Spring? What's that? What a pretty card! You're an ambitious one, aren't you? Bravo!

happygiggles said...

I love this card! The layout is amazing. I may have to use it!

Amanda Sewell said...

So cute! These colors are PERFECT with this set!!!

Vera said...

Wow, you did a fantastic job with this color combo challenge! Wonderful card!

Danyelle Kessler said...

Very springy colors and beautiful job on the challenges.

peanutbee said...

Gorgeous card! Love everything about it. I don't own any MFT sets, but this card makes me want to buy this one. :)

Paula said...

I like this color combo and you did a wonderful job coloring the images. Great card!