Tilted Bloom . . .

*Phews* It has been a crazy week, this being the first one back from break. I feel like I have been running around constantly! Needless to say, tonight is the first opportunity I have had to stamp. I was excited though, because I got to play with some of my new SU! goodies that arrived yesterday. I made this card for the Sketch Challenge this week over at Splitcoaststampers. We were to use an off-center oval for our main image. As I am still waiting for my oval Nestabilities to arrive, I had to use my the only oval I own - a Marvy mega scalloped punch, which kind of limited my size options. I decided to use my new Bloomin' Beautiful stamp set from the SU! Occasions Mini Collection, along with my brand new Sanded background. I was inspired by the colors they used with this set in the catalog so I chose Kraft, White, and Bashful Blue as my main palette. I also added some chocolate and kraft taffeta ribbons, light blue gingham ribbon, and a handmade hatpin to my creation. Finished size is a 4.25" square, in order to make the proportions fit my small-ish main image panel. I kept things pretty simple otherwise, but I like it and I *know* I will really enjoy creating with this beautiful stamp set! I am hoping to stamp some more this weekend, so be sure to check back soon . . .

10 comments:

Nardi said...

I love the colours used here and the hatpin just sets it off so well. TFS!

Jessica F. said...

I love the card - that set is one I recently acquired. And the colors and pin really add to it!

MichelleO said...

Very pretty, and love the pin as well!

JAR said...

Beautiful job!!

Lizette said...

Beautiful card. You did well with the "tools" you had on hand. Hope your Nestabilities come soon !

daiseyfreak said...

oooh I love the sanded background, I need to get that bg, I love the card!

Elizabeth said...

Very nice card. I love the colour combinations. The pin give it just the right amount of elegance.

happygiggles said...

Soo pretty! I'm loving your background stamp and the pin!

Jana Emmert said...

Great job with the challenge! Love the pin.

Nardi said...

I love the background stamp. This is in the new Oz catty and I might just have to put it high on my wishlist.