Thinking of you . . .

Well, it has been another busy weekend here but while I was taking a break from organizing my stamping area I fit in a quick card for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge. I knew I wanted to use my new Simple Little Things stamp set from Papertrey Ink which arrived last week. It is my free Limited Edition Anniversary Set, which I received through PTI's "Come Grow With Us" program that rewards loyal customers for their support. It is a simply beautiful set and I *know* I will enjoy creating with it a lot!!! For this card I also used some of PTI's exclusive colors, Spring Moss and Aqua Mist, and their Everyday Blessings patterned paper. I chose a stamp from the Simple Little Things set and stamped it repeatedly on the Spring Moss cs, creating my own background. PTI's stamps are so easy to line up so this part was a breeze! Next I used my corner rounder (sans guard) to create the scallops on the patterned paper. For the sentiment, I cut a piece of Stamper's Select White cs and stamped the medallion in both Spring Moss and Aqua Mist before adding the "thinking of you" sentiment (also from the anniversary set) in Palette Noir. Now, it is a little hard to make out from the photo, but there are tiny pearls in the center of each medallion on the card base, as well as in the center of the Aqua Mist medallions on the sentiment panel. As a finishing touch I added some topnotch twill in Aqua Mist behind the sentiment. I am really looking forward to Papertrey Ink's new release at midnight on Tuesday! Nichole and the team have really outdone themselves and I have already been inspired by some of their creations!!!

12 comments:

Darce Roberts said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!!! Love those colors and that stamp set!

Lastel said...

Very pretty !

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

Absolutely LOVE what you did with the set to create this gorgeous card! Great job!

happygiggles said...

I love this card! It's wonderful! I really like the colours you chose!

Jessica F. said...

Great card, and fun stamp set! Glad you had fun with it. Jes

Allison said...

This card is beautiful. What great colours!

Riley said...

This is soooo beautiful! I love it!

Kristine said...

Wow Teresa!I've been looking through your blog now and I am amazed! our creations are so beautiful!
Big hugs from Kristine=) from Norway

Danyelle Kessler said...

Teresa, you choose really lovely colors to work with! I'm inspired, now. *running off to stamp room*

Debbie Olson said...

Teresa, what an elegant card! This set is so versatile, and you have used it beautifully. Thank you also SO much for the gorgeous card that you blessed me with! I love the felt flowers especially!!

Julia said...

Beautiful card!

daiseyfreak said...

I love the colors on this!