Long time, no blog . . .

First of all, let me say that I am sorry I have been missing in action lately. Things have been kinda hectic here lately with the school year coming to a close in just a few weeks. Tonight I'd like to share with you this card, which I made for Papertrey Ink's April Blog Hop. I wasn't among the 25 people randomly chosen to participate, so I decided to hold off on posting my creation. We were challenged to use small squares of the new Father Knows Best patterned paper. I immediately thought of making a bunch of tiny ties for a Father's Day card. I cut tie shapes out of each of the six patterns, matted them onto cs for stability, and popped them up using dimensionals. Colors are PTI's Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise, and Stamper's Select White paired with SU!'s Chocolate Chip. For the sentiment I used the Out on a Limb stamp set since I decided to hold off on purchasing the Father Knows Best set until next month. It is punched out using the key tag punch and popped up os dimensionals over the reverse side of some Summer Sunrise satin ribbon. I am usually not very good at making masculine cards, but I think this will make the perfect card for one of the men in my life this Father's Day. I am hoping to be back sometime this week with something else to share, so check back soon! *wink*

8 comments:

Rosella said...

What a great Father's Day card! Love all the ties.

Sue at StampnDaly said...

Very cute!!!

AJ said...

cute card Teresa!! I love it!
Those colors look really super....trying to hold off!!!

Danyelle Kessler said...

I was waiting to see what you would do with this challenge. BRAVO...the ties are awesome!

Stephanie said...

great card!

Brenda said...

I love this Father's Day card, great colors and the ties are 2 cute!

Amanda Sewell said...

Totally adorable Teresa! Seriously?!?!?!?! What were they thinking not choosing you? SHEESH!

daiseyfreak said...

this is too cool!