Elzybells hug . . .

Well, here we are at the end of spring break . . . *sigh* It has been a fun and relaxing week though, so I guess I can't complain. Earlier in the week I paid a visit to my favorite NSLSS (not-so-local scrapbooking store) and stumbled across some of the adorable Elzybells line of stamp images that I have had my eye on for quite some time. When I sat down to stamp on Friday I just *had* to reach for this one - perfect to send a "hug" to a dear friend of mine I have been missing lately. I used the layout from Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge for this card. After carefully choosing some of my SU! Summer Picnic patterned paper (in my friend's fave colors, of course!) I watercolored my image to match. I also incorporated this week's Ways To Use It Challenge by adding the faux stitching along the edges of the patterned paper. They are one of Daisy D's new rubon rollers - very fun and easy to use!!! I used my classic and scalloped circle Nestabilities to highlight the main image. Finally, I added the sentiment (sending you sunshine, by A Muse) and some olive polytwill tied through a Styled Silver hodgepodge hardware ribbon slide. I *know* my friend will appreciate this little "hug" created just for her!!! I am hoping to fit in one more card before I head back to school tomorrow, so be sure to check back for that!

15 comments:

JAR said...

Great faux stitching! I was looking at some rollers (by another company) yesterday and wondered how well they worked!

Cute card!

beate said...

That's adorable! Love the cute image and the paper you used.
Hugs and smiles

Mary Dawn said...

how cute is that!! i love the colors, and your coloring, wow...so cute

Lori said...

This is adorable, Teresa. I haven't tried those rub-on rollers yet, but I have one--glad to know they're easy to use and work so well.

peanutbee said...

Awesome faux stitching, and I love that summer DP!!!

Tessa (shastess on SCS) said...

Love the faux stitching! I have two of those by daisy d's and haven't used them yet!

denise said...

I just found your blog tonight and looked through everything! WOW! You are amazing! I love the elzy card. So cute. AND the card below that..such detail on that! I have done lots of cards with both of these stamps, but nothing like you have done!

Thank you for sharing.
Denise G

The Crafty Chik said...

Great job on that card! You make me want to go crack open my pack of paper and make one! LOL! Thanks for sharing!

Sandi Berg said...

This is adorable! I like how you layered the two pieces of dp with the stitching separating them!

katiesniche said...

Adorable! Great job. Your friend will love it.

Jessica F. said...

What a cute card. I really need to try the faux stitching. And the paper is great!

Kisa Peters said...

I LOVE this one! The faux stitching looks great!

Rachel said...

Too cute!!! I love it. Great colors and adorable stitching.

Allison said...

This is too cute! I think I will have to get some of that faux stitching 'cause I'm not so great at the real deal! I would never have known it was faux if I hadn't read the post!

SeattleStamper said...

This is so cute! I love the colors and PD. What a fun card.