Bloomin' Bookmark . . .

Well, I got to stamp today. Not exactly for a great reason though. I stayed home from school today with my DD who was complaining of a slight sore throat last night and this morning had a fever and vomiting - not fun! She seems to be doing better tonight though - she actually ate something, was playing a bit and her fever is down, so we are hoping to be able to go back to school tomorrow. She took several much needed naps today though, so I took advantage of the downtime to stamp a bit. I actually was quite productive! I completed a set of 10 ATCs for an upcoming swap, as well as two challenge cards. This one was made for the Color Challenge - Basic Gray, Blush Blossom, and Groovy Guava. I just had to play with this beautiful long stemmed flower again from the SU! set Bloomin' Beautiful. I used watercolor paper for the main image and really played around with layering colors. This is also a bookmark, which is quite simply held in place on the card by the "bloom" band near the bottom. The patterned paper is one of my favorites from the retired SU! Simply Scrappin' Kit Secret Garden. Other accessories include a pewter jumbo eyelet, vintage brads, guava double stitched ribbon, and gray taffeta ribbon. Be sure to check back tomorrow for a really cute card for the Sketch Challenge!

12 comments:

Lindsay said...

Teresa!

I love this bookmark card!! I have made some before but never thought of attaching the bookmark like this!! Thanks for the idea!! I also love the way you tied the ribbon on the top!

Nardi said...

This is really nice. I like the bookmark tucked in to add an extra bonus for the recipient. TFS!

Mary Dawn said...

this is a great card idea, thanks for sharing

Lori Barnett said...

awesome idea!! I have a lot of family members that read and this is a great card idea :) TFS

Riley said...

This is really really pretty!! I hope your daughter is feeling better!!!

Lori said...

What a great layout! I love how you incorporated the bookmark.

Danyelle Kessler said...

Beautifully done. I love everything with the Basic Grey card stock and matching taffeta ribbon. This is a gorgeous color combo. Hope your DD is getting well.

Rachel said...

So pretty! I love the colors!!!

Sue at StampnDaly said...

Very pretty!!! I am starting to regret not getting this stamp set but I suppose you can't have them all.

Katherine said...

What a great idea! I'll have to try this. It's beautiful.

Pam's Pride said...

Beautiful!

Amanda Sewell said...

Super pretty! I love the colors! WOW!!!