All American Cowgirl . . .

I made this card for this month's My Favorite Things Guest Designer Challenge. We were asked to use background stamps for something other than the traditional background. As you can see, I decided to use mine for the background as well as to add the appearance of texture to several other elements of my card. The base of my card is a 3 1/2" x 11" piece of Ruby Red cs, which I stamped all over with the Paisley BG by SU! I decided to making a flap card following Rose Ann Reynolds' fabulous tutorial on SCS. Since I do not have the Coluzzle (or other circle cutting aparatus) I used my Classic Circle Nestabilities as a template. For the main image I used the Ride 'Em Cowgirl stamp set by MFT. First I stamped the Paisley BG onto some Blue Bayou cs. Then I stamped the skirt outline over it in Basic Black ink. Next I stamped a piece of Close to Cocoa cs with the SU! Linen BG. Then I stamped the boots over it and cut them out. Next I stamped the cowgirl image onto Blush Blossom cs and cut out the arms and legs. Finally, I stamped and cut out the skirt ruffle and adhered all the pieces together. Next I used a piece of hemp twine to create a lasso for my cowgirl. I matted the image onto a circle that I cut and embossed using my Nestabilities. I also cut a scalloped circle from some Close to Cocoa cs and stamped it with the Linen BG. For the sentiment, I used the Round Tab Punch by SU! on some Close to Cocoa cs (also stamped with the Linen BG) and added a clear button, behind which is a piece of Blue Bayou cs stamped with the Paisley BG. As a finishing touch, I pierced the scallops on the focal image and on the flap, where I added some faux stitching with my Signo white gel pen. On the inside I added some white panels over the Paisley BG for a personal message. I hope the MFT gals like my All American Cowgirl. She was so much fun to make!!! Be sure to check back soon to see more fun creations . . .

18 comments:

Shannon said...

My little cowgirl would love this card!!! You have some really nice projects on here...I like your simple style. I will have to visit again!

Amber said...

The card is great! I love the dimension and the details.... don't you just love faux stitching with the signo pen! Great work.

Beedubya said...

It's all in the details and this card has 'em in spades! Great job!

Angel said...

Love her paisley dress ~ perfect for a cowgirl! And her boots look great, too! I so wish Linen hadn't been retired. Great card and blog!

~Michelle~ said...

cute cowgirl....love the rope!

brenda taylor said...

I love your paisley images. They are perfect for your cowgirl.

ScrappinGalz said...

Loe the card and the rope just adds that little extra something! TFS

chelemom said...

This is the cutest! Love the rope!

Kisa Peters said...

Very cute! I love, love that you cut her out rather than just colored her! Great!

AJ said...

cute Teresa! I just got my first set of nestabilites....now to give them a try!!!
and, I have tagged you! :)

Mary Dawn said...

i love her lasso so much! very very clever

Nardi said...

Lovely card and how you connected the pailey theme throughout. TFS!

Danyelle Kessler said...

This is really cute. The boots did it for me.

MichelleO said...

Cute card! Love all the details, I just got this set in the mail yesterday so I am excited to get inky!

Nadia said...

Great use of those BG stamps, the texture on all the little pieces really makes this card fabulous!

daiseyfreak said...

I love this, I need to get this set!

Aunt T said...

Adorable. I have this set and haven't had a second to ink it up yet! Great job.

Teresa

Michele Zwart said...

This is great. I love everything about this card...the rope, the tag, the image. It's all so adorable.