She's Groovy . . .

Well, as promised, here is one of the recent cards I created for my swap group. It uses the new stamp set She's All That from SU!'s Occasions Mini Collection. I just love the unique style of this set and silhouettes are hot, hot, hot right now!!! I used the paper piecing technique to create this momma's dress from the beautiful new Afternoon Tea designer series papers. I also used this paper for the floral background. It looks like elegant wallpaper to me, and the colors are perfect for spring and summer! I added some of the new chocolate poly-twill ribbon and a flower ribbon slide from the Styled Silver hodgepodge hardware collection as a finishing touch. I hope all the girls like them when they receive them back. I just finished up cards from another swap, and I am still hoping to try out Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge sometime in the near future, so check back soon! *wink*

11 comments:

Niki said...

Cute card! Love the twill and ribbon slide!

MichelleO said...

How pretty, I have not seen this stamps paper peiced yet, you did a great job. Love it!

Stampmouse said...

Oh I love how you did her great idea

erinkmckinney (stampininthesun) said...

Cute card...you did a great job with the silhouette....the green and brown look great!

Elizabeth said...

I love the colour combinations. I don't have that stamp set yet, but I may break down and put it on my next order. Good job.

Kathleen Summers said...

Love the way you did her dress. What a great card!

XOXOXO

Beate said...

Love how you dressed her up! Great card!
Hugs and smiles

Maureen said...

wow - what a beautiful card! I have had those papers and set for several weeks and just have not had a chance to use them...think I'm gonna haveta break em out this weekend...tfs
Maureen

jpmayo said...

Very beautiful card! I think i'll cut into that dp this weekend:)

Julia said...

Hi Teresa! came to your blog through SCS thread - love this card with the paper piecing dress - wonderful cards here!

have a great weekend!

artystamper

www.createwithjulia.blogspot.com

Chrissy said...

Great job on teh paper piecing! Looks great! Fabulous colors!