Just because . . .

I made this card just because. Well, I actually made this card for last week's sketch challenge over on SCS, but seeing as how I don't really have a recipient in mind . . . I found the concept of this sketch quite difficult. The main image panel is super skinny - not to exceed 1.5" in width. After mulling it over for a few days I finally had a lightbulb moment! I decided to try using a narrow strip of rubons and embelish it somehow, eventually deciding on these luscious felt flowers from the SU! Flower Fusion Accents & Elements tin. The colors coordinate so perfectly with the Bali Bliss designer series papers so I decided to use those as the backdrop for my focal panel. Each strip is matted onto black cs to make them stand out. A few other details - each of the flowers is actually three stacked on top of each other and secured with a clear rhinestone brad. Rubons are from the Love & Happiness collection, previously available from SU! during Sale-a-bration. We are definitely enjoying our Spring Break so far. I attempted to stamp today, but after chasing a lizard around the house for awhile we decided to get out of the house and walk to the pool for a bit of relaxation. Hopefully I will garner some stamping time tomorrow! *wink*

8 comments:

Monique Hawrelluk said...

Wow ... what a great card, I really like the colours you chose and using the Flower Fusion flowers was an excellent choice! I noticed you left me a comment on my SCS gallery and had to stop by! I think your work is very crisp and fresh looking which I love. Great work!

p.s. hope you don't mind but I added you to my blog list!

~Michelle~ said...

This turned out great! Love your color combo and the rubons!

jpmayo said...

Absolutely gorgeous!
I love everything about this card:)

Lastel said...

Beautiful card ! Check out my blog , we have a winner and it's you ! Check the post for details then send me the info at stampinstel@msn.com !

Godelieve said...

Beautiful layering! Love this!

Desirée said...

Great job - I love the colours, the Bali Breeze DSP, and the Felt Fusion flowers! This was definitely a tough challenge:)

Niki Estes said...

What a pretty card! I love the colors and the felt flowers!

Melanie said...

Very cute. I finally ordered the felt flowers after seeing so many cute creations. They are scheduled to arrive Tuesday. I'm definitely going to use your card as inspiration!