For Dad . . .

Well, I may have mentioned once or twice that my Dad is getting married this weekend. Unfortunately we are unable to attend the wedding, as it is happening over 1,000 miles away, but I wanted to let him and his fiance know that we are thinking of them on their special day and that we wish them every happiness. When I saw the SCS Color Challenge for this week I thought that the colors would easily lend themselves to an elegant card fitting for this joyous occasion. I started with a Soft Sky card base and layered onto it a piece of Stamper's Select white cs matted onto some Basic Gray cs. I ran the white panel through my Cuttlebug with the Textile Textures embossing folder. Nest I stamped the bride and groom image, from the Wedding Silhouettes set by Artful Inkables, onto some Basic Gray cs in Versamark ink. I wanted a very subtle look. I cut out the image carefully with my paper snips and adhered to to a Sofy Sky scalloped oval cut with my Marvy mega punch. I trimmed off the excess of the bride's dress and pierced the uncovered scallops. Next I added some sparkly highlights to the negatives on the silhouette image and the piercing with my Sakura Stardust glitter pen. The image is popped up on dimensionals. As a finishing touch I added some Basic Gray taffeta ribbon near the bottom of the card. On the inside I added a sentiment, also from the Wedding Silhouettes set by Artful Inkables, which reads: "Whatever souls are made of, yours and mine are the same." ~ Emily Bronte. This was stamped on a panel of Stamper's Select white cs in Basic Gray ink and highlighted with my Sakura Stardust glitter pen as well. I also included a handwritten message. I hope they like it and that it conveys to them our wishes for their future happiness. I am hoping to stamp again tomorrow, so be sure to stop by and take a peek!

13 comments:

Amanda Sewell said...

Very pretty Teresa! I bet they'll love it!!!

Veronica said...

This card is so very pretty! I love the layout and colors you used. I'm sure your Dad and his soon to be wife will love it!

Lastel said...

Very pretty card Teresa !

JAR said...

Very sweet card!

Danyelle Kessler said...

Perfect colors for this beautiful occasion card. Nice to be able to get a challenge in there too!

Nancy said...

Oh my...this wedding card is absolutely gorgeous! You must have a very steady had and lots of practice cutting.
I may do a CASE of this card...have a wedding to go to in a few weeks.
Thanks!

Becky said...

WOW....this is a beautiful card !!! TFS

Lorraine said...

beautiful. I know that you dad and his wife will really appreciate you making this for them. so sorry that you couldn't celebrate with them. it's so hard when family lives so far away!

Godelieve said...

What a wonderful card for this special occasion.

MichelleO said...

Very beautiful card! I am sure your dad and his new wife will love it!

Jen said...

It's beautiful!

Scrappingalz said...

What a lovely card! I love the colors you used. I'm sure your father will love it and know you are thinking of him on his special day

Sue at StampnDaly said...

So pretty