First Official MFT Swap . . .

Well, I am guessing it is ok to post this now. I was a participant in the first official My Favorite Things swap over on SCS recently and I received my swaps back on Friday. Lemme tell ya' - they are all fabulous!!! I am just starting to really get into MFT's stamps and I love them! I made another card featuring one of their newest stamp sets this weekend which I will post in the next few days for you. I had a blast making my cards for the swap. I used the Punny Farm stamp set. After stamping the horse, pig, and sheep images I watercolored them using pinks and browns. I also watercolored the blue sky in the background. Next I stamped the animal images again, this time focusing on their heads, which I cut out and popped up on dimensionals. To create the grass I used some of the Certainly Celery Prints ds paper from SU! and used my paper snips to fringe it. It really adds a nice dimension to the finished card. Finally I added the animal's sentiments (and the translation below!), some aged copper brads at the top, and put it all together. I hope everyone else enjoyed them as much as I did! Make sure you stop by tomorrow for an exciting announcement!!! I'll see you then! *wink*

6 comments:

Aunt T said...

I was in one of these swaps too and my cards are awesome. Jen was a great hostess and everyone did a super job.

Teresa

Lizette said...

This is so cute ! Love what you did with the grass, very clever.

Jeanne S said...

Too darn cute!!!

Lydia said...

I LOVE this card!!!

AJ said...

cauuuuute card Teresa!! love it!!

Debbie Olson said...

Is this EVER cute, Teresa! Great job!