Blog Hop with Papertrey Ink!!!

Well, the day is *finally* here! I have been looking forward to Papertrey Ink's Blog Hop event since it was announced. This will be a monthly event, held on the 25th, where PTI lovers can share their creations and enjoy viewing the creations of their fellow PTI lovers for inspiration. The theme of the first Blog Hop is to use ribbon as the focal point of your project. I spent quite a bit of time conceptualizing my project, and even as I was creating it the form changed many times. I had originally planned to make a card featuring my ribbon focal point, but as I was creating it turned into a three dimensional project, and I must say - I am very pleased with the results!!! So, without further ado - here is my Pail of Blooming Love . . .


I was inspired by so many things for this project it is hard to know where to begin. I knew that I wanted to focus on the products I ordered from Papertrey Ink's March release, especially the two beautiful shades of pink - Sweet Blush and Berry Sorbet. After much brainstorming and planning I finally decided to try creating a flower using the luscious luxe satin ribbons. I also wanted to incorporate some of the Pink Patterns papers, and what better than one of the floral prints! So, I decided to form my flower in the same style of those on the patterned paper. I carefully crafted it from the Sweet Blush luxe satin ribbon, using mini glue dots to adhere the petals together. For the center I tied several loose knots together with a piece of Berry Sorbet luxe satin ribbon until I was satisfied with the size. I decided my flower needed some leaves, so I added some pieces of Spring Moss topnotch twill to complete the look. Next I cut and embossed a circle from PTI's Stamper's Select White cardstock using my Nestabilities to use as a mat for my flower. Instead of adding a piece of scalloped cardstock behind it, I opted to create the scalloped look using what else? More ribbon!!! I carefully adhered the Berry Sorbet luxe satin ribbon in a ruffle pattern behind the white circle. I used (white) redline tape for this in order to make sure everything stayed in place. Then I cut another circle for the back to make the entire flower medallion a solid piece. Well, at this point I was still planning on creating a card. I knew I wanted to use the Boxes, Bags & Tags stamp set, along with the Favor It: Weddings mini set, to create the sentiment. I stamped the swirly circle image in Spring Moss ink onto Stamper's Select White cardstock. I also added the coordinating smaller swirly to both the top and the bottom of the circular image. In the center I stamped the solid flower in Sweet Blush ink and the "Love Blooms" sentiment over the flower in Berry Sorbet. I used my circle Nestabilities to cut out both the sentiment and the mat behind it. Still planning the card in my head, I cut a piece of Spring Moss topnotch twill and stamped the small leaf image all over it. Here's where the design takes a turn. As I walked over to my stamping area for some foam mounting squares (I was creating from the couch!) I gazed upon this mini clear paint can full of flowers which I had purchased the previous night from Michaels thanks to Lauren Meader's recommendation of them on her blog. This was my lightbulb moment! I am not really sure what to credit for this - whether it is the fact that I have recently been working on some things for my dad's upcoming wedding, or the similarity of the flowers to those on the patterned paper, or just sheer luck - but I was instantly inspired to change the direction of my project, and the Pail of Blooming Love was born! I hurried back to my makeshift work station and began carefully peeling the labels off the pail. I cut two strips of patterned paper from the Pink Patterns collection and matted them onto some Sweet Blush cardstock and adhered it arounf the top of the pail. I decided to use my ribbon as an accent behind my sentiment medallion and adhered that to the paper band. And last but not least I adhered the ribbon medallion, the piece de resistance, to the top of the the pail. Wouldn't this be adorable for a wedding or baby shower??? I am really loving the finished look and I hope you are too! In fact, I have a favor to ask of you . . . If you are inspired by this project, or have simply enjoyed it as some pretty eye candy, or even if you found my witty banter in this blog post humorous - head on over to the Papertrey Ink Forum (just look for the thread labeled Blog Hop) and cast a vote for my project! Once there you will also find a list linking you to the other Blog Hop participants and you can head out and give them some love too! At midnight tonight, three winners will be chosen from the Blog Hop festivities. So what are you waiting for? Head on over and join in the fun!!!

23 comments:

Debbie Olson said...

Beautiful use of ribbons, Teresa! So frilly and feminine!

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a beautiful gift and such lovely presentation. Great use of your ribbon...so very feminine and elegant. Great job.

cadnileb said...

Cute! I like the ruffled ribbon on the edge. :o) Great job with the challenge

Heidi said...

Wow! Your paint can is so pretty! I really like the ribbon flower!

Penny said...

Very pretty, I love the satin flower you made - gorgeous!

KraftyKerilou said...

This is beautiful! I love those colors!! This is a gorgeous project. Nice work! Kerilou scs

Jewels said...

Oh! Super cute!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm on SCS) said...

How pretty!

Niki Estes said...

Great idea to alter the container! Turned out great!

Donelda said...

wow, what a beautiful use of ribbon! Love the lid!

Terri said...

Nice job.

Katie said...

Your project turned out very nice! I love the use all the ribbons.

Kristy Vernon said...

I love the ruffles! I need to get some of those flowers.

Aimee said...

beautiful paint can gift... love the top..

Lori said...

Teresa, this is gorgeous!

Deanna said...

Very nice ribbon ruffle!

Chrissy said...

Very creative! I love it! Very pretty and elegant looking.

StamperSharon said...

What a great idea to decorate this beautiful can with ribbon!

Theresa Tyree said...

What a beautiful project!

erinkmckinney (stampininthesun) said...

Very cute and girly! Love it!

Charlene Austin (Willow01) said...

That is such a cutie patootie paint pail! Great job on the challenge. I might have to decorate mine just so I can look at it every day!!

Danyelle Kessler said...

Your pail has my vote! Beautiful satin flower and a wonderful gift idea. You're so talented!

Rachel said...

Gorgeous! I love it.