Making YoYo Yellow look good???

I almost fainted when I read the title of this week's Color Challenge over on Splitcoaststampers. YoYo Yellow? Seriously??? But after mulling it over for a few days, I decided to give it a shot. After all, that's why it's called a challenge, right??? I also decided to use this week's Sketch Challenge for my card. This turned into kind of a hodgepodge card. The stamp is Apaganthus Cluster by Stampendous, the sentiment is by Penny Black, the background is my beloved retired Linograph by SU! and the felt flower (actually two "snowflakes" layerd) is from American Crafts. Although you can't see it, I used my rectangle Nestabilities for the main image panel (it has an embossed edge). Everything is popped up on dimensionals and there is some paper piercing along the edges of the long narrow strip. For the floral image I misted my stamp and colored directly on it using my YoYo Yellow watercolor crayon and then stamped it on the Stamper's Select cs. Other colors used are Going Grey and Basic Grey. I think these colors really do compliment the yellow well. Who would have thought??? *wink*

9 comments:

Mary Fish said...

Pretty card. Wonderful combo.

Amanda Sewell said...

Cute card! Seriously I really actually like what I have seen done with this color combination although I never ever in a million kajillion years would have put it together myself . . . I have not yet been brave enough to try stamping with the colors yet, just lots of gallery gazing!

Aunt T said...

Gorgeous card. I would not have thought to put these to colors together. Beautiful.

Teresa

Helen said...

Who would've thought anyone could make Yoyo Yellow and grey look good? But you have! Beautiful!

Jailbird said...

That is beautiful - what tough colors to work with!

Lesly said...

This is beautiful!

Clee1953 (SCS) said...

I just love yellow, so I found it funny that so many people found using it a real challenge. I love what you did with it. Of course you could have made the same card with some other color replacing the yellow, but it looks fab as is!!

~Michelle~ said...

you did a dandy job on with the yoyo yellow....my mom just wanted to split a package of cs and I groaned....I don't like it, but she's done so much for ME over the years I said sure! It's garish in real life...but you did a great job with it!! I'll have to case your color combo!!

Erika H. said...

Oh, wow...this is SUCH a GORGEOUS card! I love the flower, the background...everything!