Heritage Poppies . . .

Well, I think these are poppies anyway. Just watch though, because I *know* a flower enthusiast will happen upon my little blog and set me straight - lol! I made this card for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge. I am finding it increasingly hard to steer myself away from these gawhjus silhouette flowers from Starving Artistamps. Seriously, you *have* to get your hands on some! They stamp so incredibly well, in such detail - you'd almost think they were real!!! I decided to pair these blooms with some patterned paper I acquired this fall. The colors and patterns of the Heritage line by Deja Views really captured my attention. I decided to keep it simple, which is evermore becoming my motto these days. I inked the stamp with markers, added some sponging along the edges, notched the corners of the patterned paper, added the aged copper mini brads, and tied on the red wide grosgrain ribbon to add a few interesting details. I am hoping to try my hand at this week's color challenge in a bit . . . C'mon back soon and check it out!!! *wink*

ETA: I *almost* forgot to pass along the news!!! Now through February 25th, Starving Artistamps is offering a free sheet of cling mount for every full sheet of stamps purchased! And you can combine this offer with your 10% discount (teresadis)!!! This includes the fabulous new Large Silhouette Flowers sheet!!!!! *gentle nudge* *wink, wink*

19 comments:

Michele Zwart said...

I love the color of the paper you used to stamp the image on. It makes it look vintage, almost. The sponging on the edges is a nice touch. (And I have *no* idea if they' are poppies or not!)

Allison said...

This is terrific...love the pop of red!

Carolyn King said...

wow beautiful! love what you did with that flower--stunning card!

Nardi said...

Beautiful!!
(And yes, they do look like poppies.)

beate said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE It! Love the stamps, love the colors, love the paper!
Glad you got to play! Hugs and smiles

~Michelle~ said...

very pretty....love the red ribbon with it!!

L. said...

absolutely beautiful. and the paper is the perfect compliment - you know me - I love the BLUE stripe!! :)

Lydia
www.understandblue.blogspot.com

Tami in OH said...

Love the colors and the clean simple layout on this - nice job! :)

Becca said...

Beautiful card, it is simply wonderful!

Lesly said...

This card is fabulous. I'm going to have to check out those stamps.

Godelieve said...

Gorgeous eye-catching red on this card! Beautiful!

tyrymom29 said...

WOW, What an awsome card !! Love the colors!!

Sherrie said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! That red just pops off the page! Gorgeous stamp too!

Lizette said...

They look like Poppies to me ! LOL
Beautiful card.

Dorinda said...

this is soooo gorgeous!!

Melzie said...

I love this!! Great card!

KraftyKerilou said...

The red in this one is amazing!! It is just perfect. SCS Kerilou

Danyelle Kessler said...

That red ribbon really touches it off nice.

Lynda said...

I LOVE this one too!!! You have totally inspired me with these stamps!!! You have done such a great job!

~Lynda