Gypsy Bloom . . .

Here is my card for this week's color and sketch challenges over at SCS. When I saw what the colors were I immediately thought of my long neglected Romany Gypsy paper pack by Basic Grey. I also reached for one of my new favorite images - you guessed it, one of the Large Silhouette Flowers from Starving Artistamps. I have absolutely no idea what kind of flower this is - care to take a guess? Whatever it is, I decided it would compliment the color scheme nicely and I inked it up with my markers. For the sentiment, I grabbed my Spiral Bouquet set by PaperTrey Ink. It reads "Bloom where you're planted" - just in case it is not clear in the picture. I decided it needed something at the top so I added some black gingham ribbon and went for a layered bloom of Prima daisies with a clear rhinestone brad center in the bottom right corner as a finishing touch. Not colors I would have traditionally put together, but I think they work here. I am expecting my new goodies from PaperTrey Ink tomorrow, so stay tuned for something featuring those soon! *wink*

20 comments:

Chrissy said...

Very pretty

Lizette said...

You did a nice job with the different colours on the flower. Great card !

Dorinda said...

Beautiful T!!

Nardi said...

Lovely combination.

Maria said...

This came out so nice. Love the colors.

KraftyKerilou said...

i would say either Ladyslippers or Columbine!! Very pretty! the colors are awesome! kerilou scs

Danyelle Kessler said...

Beautiful, bright colors...love the script sentiment too.

AJ said...

LOVE the colors Teresa! Great, *fabulous* card!!!

beate said...

Gorgeous card! I love it! You make that color combo look so easy!
Hugs and smiles

ShAhA said...

all your cards are really awesome, i totally fell in love with them, By the way Im Shaha a 16 yr old girl who loves crafting and card making, from Maldives. I havent had any knowedge about stamping, but all crafters seems to use that, Im totally new to crafts, but im thinking on starting scrpbooking and yes, i do make cards now and then. All ur ideas did, inspire me. very lovely indeeed.keep it up.
Greetungs from Maldives :)

Helen said...

Ooooh, this is lovely!

Elizabeth said...

I love the card. Kind of hard to tell what kind of flower it is, but it looks like a "Bleeding Heart". Nice job.

katiesniche said...

Love the colors and the layout! Beauty!

art-girl said...

This is a really nice card. Love that Gypsy paper!

Tish

Paula said...

I like these colors together. Very pretty card!

Lynda said...

I LOVE this Teresa! I saw it loaded in to the Yahoo gallery and fell in love instantly!!! Great job!!!

~Lynda

lwhelan said...

your cards are gorgeous!

lwhelan said...

i thought i just posted! your cards are gorgeous!

Gem said...

Fabulous colours! I'd say the flower was a "snap dragon"

Lydia said...

Oh my - this is gorgeous!!