Embracing Beate's Sketch . . .

When I saw the fabulous cards the girls created for Beate's Sketch Challenge this weekend I just knew I would have so much fun working with this layout! I decided to go for an elegant look and I pulled out my Ginger Blossoms designer series paper and Embrace Life stamp set. I watercolored my squares and matted them onto scalloped squares in contrasting colors. I kinda forgot about the strip down the center until I was almost finished. It would have been nice to use two different papers, but as it was already adhered so I opter for the chocolate strip down the center. I also had a bit of difficulty adding the jumbo eyelets and square rhinestone brads on the left side. My tool of choice, the Crop-a-dile just wouldn't reach so I had to pull out my silent setter. But I guess I am not strong enough because I could barely get them to bend! So they are a little loose, but at least I got them on!!! Well, I have something exciting to share tomorrow, so make sure you stop on by! *wink*

22 comments:

The Crafty Chik said...

Good job on your card! You make me want to play with my new papers! TFS!

beate said...

Gorgeous card, Teresa! Love what you came up with.
Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs and smiles

Krystal said...

Love your colors!!!

Tracy said...

WOW! This looks great. Nice job!

Toni said...

This is so pretty Teresa! Great colors!

rixey said...

Love this card- you are making me love this set!

Aimee said...

this is beautiful.. great job on the sketch..

Jailbird said...

stunning!

Stacy said...

Your card is just beautiful. Come on over to visit my blog I have some candy up for grabs. Great blog.

Tania said...

Lovely card! I like the chocolat strip a lot.

Rosella said...

What a beautiful card. Love the colors, and scalloped squares, well, everything.

Debbi said...

Such Beautiful Colors!! I love the layout. I need to make more long card!

Carla said...

LOVE what you did with the sketch! Beautiful card!

Paula said...

This is a beautiful card, Teresa! I love the colors and the water coloring. I like the chocolate strip down the middle; it adds a very nice bit of contrast.

Amber said...

Beautiful card.... very nice job!

Jody said...

Very pretty! Great job with the layout!

Helen said...

Gorgeous! Love that paper!

Lastel said...

Beautiful card !

Jean aka AZstampcrazy said...

This card is gorgeous!

Aunt T said...

You did a super job with the sketch. I love it.

Teresa

Amanda Sewell said...

I love this Teresa! You have inkspired me to jump on the Beate sketch band wagon -- your cards are always so awesome and so are the sketches from what I can see!!!

Savitri said...

I didn't do this challenge but yours look gorgeous!! LOVE everything about it.