Home . . .

Well, I don't actually have a horse but if I did . . . *wink* Anyway, sorry to have disappeared on y'all for so long. A lot of things have been going on here. For one, we moved at the beginning of December and we are still trying to assemble some semblance of order at our new place. It didn't help that we had some car issues around the same time. We've also been busy with the standard holiday preparations (just finished my second batch of Christmas cards last night). Add to that two night classes that I'm taking to aid in my professional teaching certification (I have the temporary already though) and we've barely had time to breathe lately! As I mentioned in my last post, I was recently asked to join the Guest Designer team for Starving Artistamps. I have been working feverishly to complete my batch samples and I am happy to be able to share one of them with you tonight. I used a watercolor technique on this beauty and although it is not my typical style, I am pleased with the results. These images are from Starving Artistamps' new Equestrian and Southwestern lines. I have featured the set of three horse silhouettes (6012), sentiment (6102), feather (from Southwestern sheet), and sun (15.09). Hopefully I will be able to share some of my other design team creations soon! I also have a bunch of other new toys to play with, so check back soon for an update (promise!) . . .

18 comments:

erinkmckinney (stampininthesun) said...

Beautiful card! The horse and sun look so lifelike..you did such a nice job watercoloring!

love2Bcreative said...

Hello Teresa!! It's soo glad to see you back - sounds as though your life has been supah' busy ;o)
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! ~Teresa

TiStampsUp said...

Congrats on joining the starving artists team! What an honor!

You did a great job water coloring! That's what I've been attempting to practice here lately.

Aunt T said...

Great card. Thanks for visiting my blog. Glad to see another Teresa that spells her name correctly :)

Happy New Year.

Teresa

Helen said...

Oooh, love the sense of movement you get from the horses!

Sharlene said...

Love that sun. Great card.

Happy New Year!

laos348 said...

Congrats on the designer gig! I love the horses and the feeling that they are running.

Kathleen Summers said...

Moving is soooooooooo hard! Hope you're starting to settle in.

Pretty technique with that card. TFS!

AJ said...

Yea Teresa!! A new place huh....will need to get your new addy...
I am going to be doing some design work too!! yea me!!
Cute card, can't wait to see your new stuff!!!

Aimee said...

This is a darling card... The horses are great...

Rebecca Ross said...

I really like that shadowy effect on the horses.

jenn said...

Congrats on the DT!! That is awesome! You work is faboo!

Lori said...

These are just beautiful! I love how these images look with this technique, especially the sun--I never would have thought to do this with them.

Jailbird said...

oh wow this is awesome - really awesome! My neice would go nuts over this card!

Amanda Sewell said...

Super cool jtkshaw! *giggles* You rock girlfriend! P.S. Not sure if I told you congrats on the guest designer thingy but if I didn't, I am a bad friend! I am sorry and CONGRATS! I am super psyched for you!!!!

Godelieve said...

Wow, what a terrific job on the coloring! This looks really awesome!

Kelly AKA Emmiestamps said...

Beautiful!! My daughter is a horse lover she would just adore a card like this!

Maria said...

I love what you did with the horses! Great card!