I know, I know . . .

. . . I am a major slacker. I'm so sorry for being such a bad blog mommy lately. I promise to be better if you'll just be patient with me for a little while longer, ok? ;)

We had a fabulous time in SLC! Today I would like to share with you my aforementioned Shoebox Swap projects from the gathering. This first project is a seed packet card. I decided to used a pumpkin theme partially due to the season and partially due to the fact that I wanted to be able to put actual seed packets inside the decorative envelope. *grin* I got the idea from katydidaw on SCS. Check out her blog
for lots of wonderful ideas and templates! I used some yummy patterned paper from the Tres Jolie collection by My Mind's Eye for the envelope. After printing the seed packet cards onto vanilla cs, I stamped the pumpkin image from the Spooky Treats stamp set by PaperTrey Ink using Pumpkin Spice and Spanish Olive VersaMagic chalk inks. I used my horizontal slot punch to add some shimmery cho
colate ribbon by American Crafts.

The next project is a Christmas ornament. To create the
base, I used my Marvy Giga Scalloped Circle Punch on some very thin chipboard. You know, the kind that comes in all those paper packs I have been hoarding . . . *wink* If you don't have any, ask at your local LSS! Be careful when punching though, because you don't want to break that baby! You will need to make sure you are placing your punch on a hard surface to provide maximum leverage. I glued three of these shapes together to create a sturdy base for my ornament, then covered it in some delightful patterned paper from the Basic Grey Fruitcake collection on the front and red cardstock on the back. Then I stamped and watercolored the Hero Arts holiday bird and added the A Muse sentiment before punching it out with my mega circle punch. I added a SU! jumbo eyelet to secure a hole for threading through the Always Artichoke ribbon tie. Too easy and too cute, if I don't say so myself - lol!

OK, I promise to share something else with you real soon! Don't give up on me yet!!!

8 comments:

Lori Craig said...

Adorable! I love that seed packet ... you know, I live in Marshall, MO! The creator made them in tribute to her aunt and uncle who lived here when she was growing up! Love your project! Hope you had a wonderful time in SLC!

Heidi said...

That card is so cute! I really like the placement of the ribbon!! That ornament is way cute too!!

Rochelle W said...

This is super cute!! What a great idea.

Rose Ann said...

Adorable seed packet card! And your ornament is soooo cute (love that bird). Awesome projects!!

Leanne said...

Lovin' the ornament! Way cute!

Godelieve said...

The ornament is really cute and pretty!

Becky said...

I love the seed packet card, very cool details!

Dee said...

Oh this is so cute!
Dee