I got Dirty(er) . . .

Well, I have fallen behind in my quest to complete all the challenges for the SCS Dirty Dare '07. With 8 challenges being given on both Saturday and Sunday, plus the two from Friday I didn't get to, and being a little under the weather on Monday and Tuesday . . . you get the picture - lol! My friend Kelly (khillmer22 on SCS) and I set out to attempt to catch up a bit on Tuesday night but as usually happens, more chatting occurred than stamping and I only got two cards done! Originally I had forbidden myself to combine any of the challenges, but at this point in the game I decided that there is not shame in that, so my 2 cards knocked out 4 challenges from my list! Whoo hoo!!!

The first card I completed is for Sherry Cheever's (BadSherry on SCS) Twisted Challenge. She asked us to create a card with a sense of humor - twisted or otherwise. I had this idea to combine my new Carrie image from Rubber Romance and this cs sticker by Cosmo Cricket. Do ya' get it? Wildest "memories"??? See the hash marks on the wall? How do you think she uses that lasso? *wink* I also combined this with Leslie Miller's (leslierich on SCS) "Out of the Box" challenge. Leslie asked us to stamp an image and then to cut away part of the image to hang outside the main image panel. Here it just kinda happened naturally. I didn't want to cover up Carrie's boot with the patterned paper (this is a LARGE image!), so I decided to trim around it and let it hang down over the paper. Well, as Carrie relaxes from a long night of "horse play", I moved onto my second card of the night . . .


For this card I decided to give Kelly's Wanted stamp set a try - lemme just say that I love it and need it!!! I also used (and mounted!) her new Sanded BG - also fabulous!!! This card is for Lindsay Botkin's (jacksonbelle on SCS)) Black and Brown challenge. We were only allowed to use black, shades of brown, and neutrals on this card! I also ended up making the card fit Sharon Harnist's (Stamper Sharon on SCS) sketch challenge from the same day. I am really into this Boho West line, can ya' tell??? Kelly, I had a blast! Thanks so much!!! I was a busy little stamper yesterday as well, so stay tuned for more Dirty projects to come!!! ;)

3 comments:

Dottie K said...

Teresa these are so darn cute. Love the colors! TFS :)

Sharon said...

Oh gosh, I'm loving that Wanted Card!

Lisa said...

Wonderful card. Loved your write up!! :)