Toile Inspired Frame . . .

Well, as promised, here is my last submission for Wednesday's "Dare to Get Dirty" challenges over at SCS. This challenge was hosted by Sharon Harnist (StamperSharon), who asked us to create a card *or project* inspired by toile. I decided to take her up on her offer to make something other than a card, and set to work right away on this frame. I had purchased this awhile back for $1 at Michaels and it was super easy to alter! I started by removing the inserts from the center of the frame and tracing the shape of it onto the back of my patterned paper. I used this paper from the Avenue Collection by Crate Paper. It is elegantly textured and immediately reminded me of a toile print. The back of the paper is a solid "sky" color, which inspired the accents I added. After cutting out the traced frame shape, I adhered the paper to the frame using ModPodge. I sanded all the edges to give it a more finished look. On the left side I added some white grosgrain ribbon (dyed Soft Sky) and some striped May Arts ribbon I picked up to coordinate with the patterned paper. I stamped the large flower image from Fabulous Flowers in sky ink on Soft Sky cs and cut it out. As a finishing touch I added a black Prima flower and a clear crystal brad in the center. I just love the elegant look I created in no time! Ok, so I have been busy participating in the challenges and I have another post waiting in the wings. Be sure to check back often, 'cause I'm playin' in the dirt pile! *wink*