So many cowboys . . .

Now who wouldn't love to be faced with that dilemma??? What is it about cowboys that make us start to swoon? Well whatever it is, cowboys are hot, hot, hot right now! (Who am I kidding with the now - lol!) Anyways, as I wait for my new SU! goodies to arrive, I thought I'd do a little something with these Cosmo Cricket things I picked up yesterday. I decided to give Beate's sketch challenge from last weekend a try - better late than never, right? I started with cutting a strip of the cowboy printed paper. I sponged the edges with chocolate ink and matted it onto a piece of Chocolate Chip cs. Next I punched a piece of the bohemian flower paper with my mega circle punch and adhered it to a Really Rust giga punched scalloped circle, which I notched the scallops of using my 1/16" circle punch. I slid this piece partially under the strip. Next I took a cardstock sticker and matted it onto some Relly Rust cs and cut it out with my paper snips. The sentiment says "So many cowboys, so little rope" - how cute is that??? I popped the sentiment up on dimensionals and added some hemp that I tied into a lasso with an aged copper brad. No stamping on this, but it feels good to be getting back into the swing of things. Hopefully my mojo will find me by the time my new toys arrive! ;)

9 comments:

Silvergirl said...

OMG! That is the funniest card! I LOVE it! Maybe it's the swagger... or the dusty levis. Woo! Is it warm in here? Thanks for sharing a REALLY creative and fun card!

lise

Dottie K said...

This is just so cute! Although I don't think a couwboy would like to be called cute.

Lisa said...

This is so super!!! You could even convince me, that I like cowboys. (maybe) lol

The colours are fantastic though!

beate said...

Teresa, that looks absolutely amazing.

AJ said...

Super!! Great colors, Love that paper, I am sure you will be using it much more with all of your new goodies!!!

Dorinda said...

OMG!!This is FABULOUS!! I lOVE lOVE lOVE it!!!!

stefanie said...

Adorable! Great sentiment!

lindsalita said...

Simply adorable!

Ticia said...

I love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great colors nice layout the works!